WWE Summerslam Saturday August 21st 2021

• Paid Members

Classic WWE. Endless short-term fixes that fail to address the underlying problems, each with diminishing returns. Their complete inability to push their chosen few without making everyone else look like a fucking whopper is something you could do a PHD on, too. Road Dogg will Tweet that you just have to wait and see how the Bianca storyline plays out, but her card is marked. She’ll never break through after that. Still, looking forward to the Sasha story coming out. Isn’t she a daft anti-vaxxer?

It’s obvious they view AEW as competition. You only have to look at what’s happening to NXT after they lost the war to know what they really think about AEW. Their problem is that this is all they have. Even when they’re motivated, it’s just more of this. Charlotte, Becky and Roman as champion. Roman and Brock at the blood money show. Rinse and rest until they sell the company and/or Vince croaks.

Edited by Supremo

skimmed through this show this morning and while this is supposed to be the second biggest show of the year for some reason personally from my standpoint this did not feel close to the "biggest" show of the summer. 

Why did they decide to go with the entrance way they went with it looked terrible in that big ass stadium and also meant they couldn't have any pyro at all. The best they had was smoke cannons. Which also took away that BIG/PARTY vibes summerslam usually gives off

Edge vs Rollins was the best match I watched nothing that will be talked about this time next year but good none the less.

The co main event I just do not understand bringing back a big "Legend" putting him straight into a title match only to be made to look old as fuck and a shell of his former self but fair enough this is WWE. 

However this might just be my opinion but fucking hell that main event was bad. 20 minutes of it was just so flat......You could clearly and openly hear Cena calling spot after spot after spot, I know he has been bad for this in the past but Jesus he wasn't even trying to fucking hide or be subtle about it. 

The best bit was the return at the end and Heyman doing the best sell job of the entire PPV.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Still, looking forward to the Sasha story coming out. Isn’t she a daft anti-vaxxer?

I'm sure she put a Drake Wuertz style mind control picture on her Instagram story not too long ago. Something about waking up and not being a sheep blah blah blah. 

Wouldn't surprise me if she has Covid. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Edge coming out of the floor

Merry Christmas Bacon, enjoy

Why is Piper Niven/Viper called Doudrop? Is it some hilarious American term for being overweight?

Why are they destroying Bianca and making her look like a fucking chump?

Why on earth is Jinder Mahal VS Drew McIntyre on a SummerSlam card?

Looks like a pretty rotten show to me- another Brock return, same old shite on the card. Nothing seems to have changed in years. 

• Awards Moderator

Watched a few clips on YouTube this morning because I wanted to see Becky come back, Brock come back, and The Best Entrance Music Of This Or Any Other Era come back.

The third one was a fancam so I quite enjoyed it. But bloody hell, the commentary ruined the first two. So inauthentic. Constant screaming obvious.

Saw a couple of match clips on Twitter too, and I know it’s been said a thousand times but those camera cuts! I wonder how the likes of AJ Styles feel knowing they’re doing bumps all over the place and the TV audience doesn’t see a single one because of the cuts.

I don’t think WWE is for me anymore.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:47 AM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Given what happened last night, it’s almost a given that WWE are gonna pull something big to steal attention back and there’s only 4 scenarios that will do that

1) Cena wins number 17

2) Becky returns after either Women’s title match

3) Brock returns after Lashley destroys Goldberg 

4) The Rock shows up after Reigns beats Cena to lay the seed for Survivor Series

So 2 and 3 happened, just not the way I suggested they might. Not seen the show yet just the reaction to the SD Women’s ‘match’ and ooof, there’s ways they could have done it better. I’ll be fucking glad to see the back of Sasha though if she’s no showed because of her anti-vax/anti-COVID beliefs, especially after being pictured dining with Kalisto and Bayley near the stadium 

Feel comments above on the main event being poor are unwarranted. Granted, I watched it at 9am still half sleeping but it woke me up as I fair enjoyed it.

Most of rest of show I can’t really comment on as I generally skipped as I seen each entrance come and decided “nah, not interested in this one” with each match which is a huge problem in WWE for me just now, I can’t get interested in the matches at all.

Did watch the Becky/Bianca stuff though and what a mess that was.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Watched a few clips on YouTube this morning because I wanted to see Becky come back, Brock come back, and The Best Entrance Music Of This Or Any Other Era come back.

The third one was a fancam so I quite enjoyed it. But bloody hell, the commentary ruined the first two. So inauthentic. Constant screaming obvious.

Saw a couple of match clips on Twitter too, and I know it’s been said a thousand times but those camera cuts! I wonder how the likes of AJ Styles feel knowing they’re doing bumps all over the place and the TV audience doesn’t see a single one because of the cuts.

I don’t think WWE is for me anymore.

Michael Cole’s “WHAT?!? Could it be…” is so annoying. Not least because the surprise wrestler is coming out to the same music they were coming out to for years before their hiatus! Also it just sounds cheesy as fuck. 

WWE is the pillar opposite of AEW for me mow days. No interest in the product at al right now. Maybe it’s our ages. The way they squashed Bianca was absolutely disgusting as well. Way to make her look like a chump

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

The commentary over Lesnar really was - without a shred of exaggeration - the worst of all time. Just un-fucking-bearable. Imagine having a moment like that happen and you're still fumbling about trying to get to the volume slider as quick as you can on your YouTube highlights video. 

Read someone on twitter say that they could do the Bianca was preparing for Sasha and not Becky angle in this but Bianca lost after getting hit by one move and it wasn't a "Murder Death Kill" move like the F5 or RKO. She looked really weak and without being too overdramatic she has a hill to climb especially with it being obvious the 4 Horsewomen are protected. 

• Paid Members

How have they let the commentary become so bad? i know its all about control and pushing the narrative but they must see the negativity and universal dislike of it. It isnt like there wasnt a winning formula already in place either. 

32 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

How much of Summerslam was planned in response to AEW? 

None

Got to laugh at people saying brock or becky returns were a retaliation to punk debut.. the becky thing has been spoke about for weeks and we all know with brock he's not the type of person to sign at a moments notice and was always likely to be back with a Saudi payday on the cards.

Don't know why people can't just enjoy one the other or both without having to be like x did that because of y..wwe pulled 50k people in without even promoting this surprises.. they would fill next months ppv etc without them too.

For what it's worth I loved the punk but with aew but that had no bearing on anything that happened at this show