WWE Summerslam Saturday August 21st 2021

3 hours ago, theringmaster said:

So whilst AEW are cooking 'dream matches', WWE are putting on Wrestlemania rematches that nobody wanted to see in the first place...

For as dull and predictable as WWE have been, I don't think it's reasonable to say that 'nobody' wants to see Reigns vs. Lesnar now. Hell, half the reason they've brought him back in is because he's pretty much all they have left to actually match up with Roman now that the Cena match is done. I'm well up for a badass babyface Brock.

25 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

For as dull and predictable as WWE have been, I don't think it's reasonable to say that 'nobody' wants to see Reigns vs. Lesnar now. Hell, half the reason they've brought him back in is because he's pretty much all they have left to actually match up with Roman now that the Cena match is done. I'm well up for a badass babyface Brock.

Yeah this is the most I've been interested in Brock in years - apart from the Brock Party stuff and his initial return, he's been very samey over the years. At least this gives them an opportunity to have him towards the 'face' side of things. Plus Roman is at the top of his game on his heel run so yeah, on paper it's Brock vs Roman again but neither man is in the same place. Sure it's predictable that they'd go back to this but throw in the Heyman factor and I'm definitely intrigued at the least.

2 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Not sure having your top babyface star go heel when you have no other stars in the company is smart. There’s a theory that she could make someone else a star. But there is 100% certainty these guys aren’t capable of that. So now they’ve went from one star to no stars again. Just when you think they couldn’t go any lower…

I'd guess they're planning on having Bayley as a good guy when she returns.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This is all (12 time world champion) Charlotte Flair's fault.

Jeremy Corbyn will sleep easier knowing he's not to blame for once. 

I watched this in work yesterday morning and wondered whether work was dragging because its work or because I was watching Summerslam.

If there is one thing that sums up watching WWE for me is Nakamura not being on the card but appearing just so one twat in white with a headband can do some 80's rocker shit while another twat in white acts a complete tosser dancing on the announce table.

Maybe it's because I have been playing catch up and binge watching AEW but every match felt like it was at 2/3rds speed. But the biggest put off is the commentary. Its asinine.

14 hours ago, Slapnut said:

I can’t imagine this will be a popular opinion here, but this show was my first experience of Pat McAfee and I have to say I found him to be the most overbearing part of the show, even more so than Michael Cole. I found him particularly irritating during Nakamura’s entrance.

I didn’t see any of his NXT work so that may have something to do with it, but I’m really surprised at how much love he gets here.

You’re not alone on this. McAfee was far better as a worker in NXT and seemed like a natural but now he’s just an annoying commentator because…. WWE.

4 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Not sure having your top babyface star go heel when you have no other stars in the company is smart. There’s a theory that she could make someone else a star. But there is 100% certainty these guys aren’t capable of that. So now they’ve went from one star to no stars again. Just when you think they couldn’t go any lower…

Becky was never a 100% babyface. She’s always walked that middle line. She was happily battering babyfaces too in her run and rarely just playing to the crowd.

• Paid Members

In other circumstances this kind of opportunism might have been considered heelish but in WWE it’s perfectly fine (apparently) and babyfaces have been able to do far more prickish things and maintain their babyface status - since the inception of Money In The Bank at least.