WWE Summerslam Saturday August 21st 2021

• Paid Members
On 8/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, hallicks said:

Regarding general technical issues, you could maybe give them the benefit of the doubt with it being a stadium show, it’s a different challenge to what they’re used to. The overall direction and obscene camera cuts has been at least 3-4 years I think, probably longer. I think the “cut after each punch” trope has been around since switching to HD, so that’s even longer. 

Especially after watching that AEW behind the scenes video. WWEs apparent decline in standards is even more glaring. They've had stadium shows before. they're the masters of production. What's going wrong? Has Tony Kahn poached production staff as well as wrestlers? Cornette tweeted something earlier this week. Pointing out that the director of AEW TV is a veteran of Wrestlemania.

If people haven't seen the AEW vid. Here's a link. It's pretty good.

I reckon they'll have a playbook of set cuts, because there's no way they're calling them live. Either that or Dunn/the director is hitting the buttons themselves. I'd be surprised if anyone except Dunn and/or Vince is watching the feed, to be honest. There's no point if you're just there to hit a button when told.

• Awards Moderator
45 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

I reckon they'll have a playbook of set cuts, because there's no way they're calling them live. Either that or Dunn/the director is hitting the buttons themselves. I'd be surprised if anyone except Dunn and/or Vince is watching the feed, to be honest. There's no point if you're just there to hit a button when told.

I'm now imagining that their production truck is actually empty, and they just leave one of these guys there to cut every couple of seconds.

The Simpsons Computer GIF