WWE Summerslam Saturday August 21st 2021

14 minutes ago, Kamran said:

Did anyone else catch Greg Hamilton introducing the gold medal winners? Is it me or did it look like he was having some kind of medical episode? I was a little worried but he seemed fine later on.

I knew there was something I'd forgotten. Yep I honestly thought he was having a stroke or something.

I can’t imagine this will be a popular opinion here, but this show was my first experience of Pat McAfee and I have to say I found him to be the most overbearing part of the show, even more so than Michael Cole. I found him particularly irritating during Nakamura’s entrance.

I didn’t see any of his NXT work so that may have something to do with it, but I’m really surprised at how much love he gets here.

• Paid Members

While I'm not saying Goldberg v Lashley was good by any stretch of the imagination, I'm glad that they at least tried to change the formula of Goldberg's standard 5 minute "finishers only" match that he's wrestled every time since his WWE return in 2016.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

I can’t imagine this will be a popular opinion here, but this show was my first experience of Pat McAfee and I have to say I found him to be the most overbearing part of the show, even more so than Michael Cole. I found him particularly irritating during Nakamura’s entrance.

I didn’t see any of his NXT work so that may have something to do with it, but I’m really surprised at how much love he gets here.

The Nakamura thing is just something he's doing, which is a lot more over the top than most of his other commentary stuff. He's actually one of the better parts of the show for me, Nakamura flip out aside as well.

15 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

The Nakamura thing is just something he's doing, which is a lot more over the top than most of his other commentary stuff. He's actually one of the better parts of the show for me, Nakamura flip out aside as well.

Dudes having fun and putting over Nakamura by being such a "mark" for him. Im digging him personally.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Dudes having fun and putting over Nakamura by being such a "mark" for him. Im digging him personally.

Originally I loved it, I probably will again after a few weeks but it felt a bit forced Saturday, probably not helped by the fact they sent him out there to do it to break some time up from what would have been Belair Vs Banks.

I went out Saturday night, came in just as Summerslam started so ended up watching. From a purely selfish British perspective, PPV's on a Saturday night rocks, I know it will never become the 'norm' but i enjoy it when it happens.

It was an enjoyable watch and the novelty of a stadium show after the pandemic is still there.

Becky Lynch's return was brilliant to watch play out on social media, as soon Carmella came out i checked twitter to read the sh!t storm and fair play they worked EVERYONE with the swerve. But what should have been an amazing moment was somewhat hampered by Micheal Cole shouting and cuts to the crowd. It should have had no commentary and purely focus on Lynch walking out, it was the perfect example of everything that is wrong in WWE in 2021-Completly and utterly over produced.

I won't add anything to the booking decision of the squash, it was awful and she deserves better, we all know it.

And then Brock....sigh. I can honestly imagine a meeting Saturday morning with the board saying "Vince, AEW are trending worldwide, people are calling it the greatest moment of the 21st century, what are we going to do?" Vince think for about 5 seconds "I got it!! We need BROCK, he will come out all muscles and beard and the crowd will lap it up! yes we need Brock".

So whilst AEW are cooking 'dream matches', WWE are putting on Wrestlemania rematches that nobody wanted to see in the first place...

Not sure having your top babyface star go heel when you have no other stars in the company is smart. There’s a theory that she could make someone else a star. But there is 100% certainty these guys aren’t capable of that. So now they’ve went from one star to no stars again. Just when you think they couldn’t go any lower…