Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

Saw Doug Stanhope in the Olympia in Dublin there last week, tickets I'd had since 2019 and also first stand up I actually had good seats for, 3rd row. Was really good at off the cuff stuff but was struggling to translate some of his material for non US audience, which is understandable really. Was 1st night of Euro tour so assume he'll work out things from then on. Still cool seeing him though and audience was surprisingly not full of drunken hecklers trying to be funny either!

• Paid Members

I'm looking at some shows at KKs steel mill in Wolverhampton but can't seem to find any info of parking anywhere near. Wolverhampton is also the most unpleasant place I've ever been, which doesn't give me much enthusiasm. 

Anyone been know if there's somewhere nearby safe to park and what it's like as a venue? 

3 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I'm looking at some shows at KKs steel mill in Wolverhampton but can't seem to find any info of parking anywhere near. Wolverhampton is also the most unpleasant place I've ever been, which doesn't give me much enthusiasm. 

Anyone been know if there's somewhere nearby safe to park and what it's like as a venue? 

There's a car park about 5 minutes away. However, KK's is in a dodgy industrial estate. It's an old warehouse previously known as Starworks (FIght Club Pro used to run in it). Train station about a 10/15 minute walk. 

Edited by BigDaddyB

• Paid Members

Yeah the area is a little dodgy, but there is a couple of car parks facing the main carriageway. I've parked there plenty over the years when I used to frequent Starworks and The Hangar and had no trouble. I wouldn't leave loose change in the cockpit though, as it's not exactly got security looking over the place.

Edited by Accident Prone