Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted July 10, 2022 Posted July 10, 2022 What a way to open a set, Betterman ❤ Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 10 hours ago, Monkee said: Saw Johnny Marr, Stereophonics and Pearl Jam at Hyde Park earlier and absolutely bloody loved it all. What a fantastic day. Really pleased with my photos too. Wish I’d taken my proper camera when I saw the Rolling Stones a couple of weeks ago. These were taken with a little digital camera with a brilliant zoom. Fantastic photos! I was there yesterday too, what a glorious day for it. First time for me seeing Pearl Jam and they absolutely lived up to expectation. I hope I get another chance to see them. @Egg Shen Didn't notice any issues with the sound where we were, but then we were fairly close to a speaker tower. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: Fantastic photos! I was there yesterday too, what a glorious day for it. First time for me seeing Pearl Jam and they absolutely lived up to expectation. I hope I get another chance to see them. @Egg Shen Didn't notice any issues with the sound where we were, but then we were fairly close to a speaker tower. First time seeing Pearl Jam for me too. I was mostly there for Stereophonics but absolutely loved Pearl Jam and Johnny Marr too. I only bought the ticket just over a week ago as I was keeping an eye on the weather. @Egg Shen I had a GA ticket but when I went to look at merch I saw the upgrades booth. I wanted a Ten Club ticket originally but they’d sold out online so I didn’t mind paying the extra. It was definitely worth it. I also had no issue with sound. The Rolling Stones a couple of weeks ago sounded amazing and I’ve been to a few Hyde Park gigs over the years without issue. Although, having said that, I’ve been lucky with weather every time I’ve been so I’ve no idea what it’d be like with some wind thrown in. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 (edited) Maybe i just got unlucky where i stood, but everyone in the same area were visibly and verbally annoyed. After we moved it was better and that was a good 50 foot further back from the stage. I had no idea about the Ten Club thing, should have guessed though, all big shows have those VIP areas these days, well worth the extra money. We were pretty rammed in we were stood originally and could see people just wandering about in the Ten Club area with loads of space, i was very envious. Edited July 10, 2022 by Egg Shen Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 33 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: I had no idea about the Ten Club thing, should have guessed though, all big shows have those VIP areas these days, well worth the extra money. We were pretty rammed in we were stood originally and could see people just wandering about in the Ten Club area with loads of space, i was very envious. It was about £60 to upgrade from a standard GA ticket. After being close to the front for Stereophonics (and being at London Film & Comic Con earlier in the day) I was knackered when Pearl Jam came on but I was able to sit up against the rear barriers and watch the screen. I still had a pretty good view of the stage where I was sitting too. It was such a great atmosphere though. So many random chats with people. I was on my own (unforeseen circumstances) and I loved it. One guy gave me his free Amex water bottle, I gave a woman some plasters as her shoes were rubbing her, and I ended up dancing with a hilarious drunk guy. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 Bit of a long shot but is anyone interested in 2 tickets to see Sam Fender in Finsbury Park on Friday (15 July)? Face value £55 each. Bought as a birthday present for my nephew who’s apparently “double booked” himself and now I’m stuck with them. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 7 hours ago, Monkee said: It was about £60 to upgrade from a standard GA ticket. After being close to the front for Stereophonics (and being at London Film & Comic Con earlier in the day) I was knackered when Pearl Jam came on but I was able to sit up against the rear barriers and watch the screen. I still had a pretty good view of the stage where I was sitting too. It was such a great atmosphere though. So many random chats with people. I was on my own (unforeseen circumstances) and I loved it. One guy gave me his free Amex water bottle, I gave a woman some plasters as her shoes were rubbing her, and I ended up dancing with a hilarious drunk guy. ahh, considering I bought the GA tickets so long ago, i'd have happily upgraded if i'd known. It doesn't really matter though, I had a great day outside of my gripes with the sound. The actual setting of Hyde Park and setup around the venue is great though. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 12, 2022 Members Posted July 12, 2022 My 'music industry friend of a friend' can't come through with Reading this year (THANKS A LOT KFOGG!!!) so if anyone has or knows of a Sunday ticket for Reading, let me know. I'll buy a ticket one way or another, but rather be of someone I (semi) trust. I can't miss Rage. I simply can't. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 30th May Murrayfield 16th June Villa Park 6th July Hyde Park 8th July Hyde Park The Boss is back next year! Quote
David Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 Not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anyone experienced this "mobile-free concert" thing? The details are as follows: This concert is a "PHONE FREE SHOW", this means that phones are not allowed in the hall during the concert. How it works? Once you arrive at the venue, Yondr (the phone pouch company engaged on this concert) will have its dedicated staff available to help you put your phone in a locked and secure pouch, which you will keep with you throughout the evening. What should I do if I have an emergency and need to access my phone? You can unlock your phone pocket at any time by going to a dedicated and signposted area, intended for phone use. Do not hesitate to ask a Yondr staff member to help you. Why are we doing this and is it mandatory? Having created this phone-free experience on recent tours, we believe it creates better times for everyone in attendance. Our eyes open a little more and our senses are slightly sharper when we lose the technological crutch we've grown accustomed to. And yes, it's a non-negotiable deal (although medical exemptions are made for those who rely on their phone for treatment). I'll be honest, I like it. There's nothing more annoying that thousands of folk standing at a gig holding their fucking phones in the air to get some shaky footage with sound that's terrible. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 Maybe it's just the gigs I go to but I've never seen many people with their phones out at any one time, like I'll get a 20 second clip and that'll be it for the entire set and I only ever see a few others doing that too. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 1 minute ago, Merzbow said: Maybe it's just the gigs I go to Well, 11 minutes ago, David said: thousands of folk standing at a gig You could be right there. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 Hey, Supersonic was bloody packed to be fair. But true, 12 guys at a noise show is a bit less than a few thousand. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 (edited) 39 minutes ago, David said: Not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anyone experienced this "mobile-free concert" thing? The details are as follows: This concert is a "PHONE FREE SHOW", this means that phones are not allowed in the hall during the concert. How it works? Once you arrive at the venue, Yondr (the phone pouch company engaged on this concert) will have its dedicated staff available to help you put your phone in a locked and secure pouch, which you will keep with you throughout the evening. What should I do if I have an emergency and need to access my phone? You can unlock your phone pocket at any time by going to a dedicated and signposted area, intended for phone use. Do not hesitate to ask a Yondr staff member to help you. Why are we doing this and is it mandatory? Having created this phone-free experience on recent tours, we believe it creates better times for everyone in attendance. Our eyes open a little more and our senses are slightly sharper when we lose the technological crutch we've grown accustomed to. And yes, it's a non-negotiable deal (although medical exemptions are made for those who rely on their phone for treatment). I'll be honest, I like it. There's nothing more annoying that thousands of folk standing at a gig holding their fucking phones in the air to get some shaky footage with sound that's terrible. You looking at the Bob Dylan shows in October? The venue he’s playing in Hull announced the show yesterday and it’s the first time in a long time I’ve heard of a ‘Phone Free Show’ happening That third paragraph is the biggest load of tosh going. I imagine it’s more so that people don’t post vids online showing 81 year old Bob struggling to even mumble his way through his set Edited July 14, 2022 by WyattSheepMask Quote
textonly Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 If you're in a decent-sized venue, the idea of having to queue up at the end to unlock your phone and leave sounds like a massive ballache to solve something that's barely a problem. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.