Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight in Cov, going to see if The Empire is equipped for such a heavy, loud show.

See you there!

Posted

I’m off to see Wallowing tomorrow night at Dive HU5, a coffee shop come what I believe the cool kids call a Dive Bar (hence the name).

50 person capacity and so against the grain of what I would normally go to, but at £4 I couldn’t resist

Posted
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m off to see Wallowing tomorrow night at Dive HU5, a coffee shop come what I believe the cool kids call a Dive Bar (hence the name).

50 person capacity and so against the grain of what I would normally go to, but at £4 I couldn’t resist

I'm seeing them on Monday if it still goes ahead, a good way to celebrate.

Posted

Double post but I'm seeing Cryalot (Sarah from Kero Kero Bonito) and Soccer Mommy on Friday, gonna be hiding at the back letting the younguns have fun but I don't think I'll ever feel more out of place at a gig.

Although, I'm betting I won't be the only mustached hipster doing the same.

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Double post but I'm seeing Cryalot (Sarah from Kero Kero Bonito) and Soccer Mommy on Friday, gonna be hiding at the back letting the younguns have fun but I don't think I'll ever feel more out of place at a gig.

Although, I'm betting I won't be the only mustached hipster doing the same.

I've been getting this a fair bit recently as well, not just with gigs, but with small clubs and bars too. I always told myself when I was younger that I would never allow that to happen to me, that I would just go wherever I wanted, not care about my age, and not let anyone tell me where I belong or don't, but I wasn't able to appreciate just how visceral a feeling it can be.

I'm still ploughing on, mind.

Posted
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I was lucky when seeing Charli XCX earlier in the year, proper dreading it but didn't realise it would be full of bears that look remarkably like me..

Charli XCX was actually my worst for that feeling. In 2015, on her 'Sucker' tour, the audience felt like it was all 14 year-old girls in mesh tops and chokers. It felt like a convention run by the gross people who market Playboy clothes to kids.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, textonly said:

Charli XCX was actually my worst for that feeling. In 2015, on her 'Sucker' tour, the audience felt like it was all 14 year-old girls in mesh tops and chokers. It felt like a convention run by the gross people who market Playboy clothes to kids.

Yeah her audience has changed quite a bit since that initial run, she's basically a queer icon now after working with SOPHIE and AG Cook etc.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

I remember seeing Paramore on their Riot! tour and felt really out of place. I was probably the oldest person there who wasn't someones Dad and I was only about 21 at the time. I stood about two thirds back - everyone in front of me was a 14 year old girl and everyone behind me were their parents.

Well actually, the most out of place I ever felt was when I was given a ticket to see R Kelly. It was full of drunk, horny, middle-aged divorced women on their biannual night out. It was like the worlds biggest hen do. Truly awful night and one of the worst gigs I've ever seen. 

Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

This is where having kids comes in handy to be honest.

12yo: I really want to see Paramore on their next to----

Me: I'LL TAKE YOU!!!

Told this before but when I went to see your mate Jamie T, it was a 14 gig. They were giving wristbands out on the door to those old enough to drink. I got to the front and the guy asked “Are you 18 mate” and I wept as I said “No, I’m in my mid thirties”. 
 

Cracking gig, mind, even if I seemed like a teacher at the end of year disco. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Went to see Paramore with an ex, one of a few gigs the was very much Not My Thing, but went anyway as two tickets were bought (also Feeder, and other shite bands I've forgotten). I don't remember a thing about the Paramare gig to be honest, but I don't think they were that bad, or the audience being particularly young. 

Edited by gmoney

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...