Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

Iron Maiden have announced a tour.

According to the bands twitter, its going to focus on Senjutsu and Somewhere in Time songs. Strange theme but ok.

I'd be so happy if I saw Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land and Sea of Madness in the setlist and not just the usual Heaven can Wait and Wasted Years.

Iron-Maiden-The-Future-Past-UK-tour-2023

• Paid Members
On 10/6/2022 at 12:49 PM, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Iron Maiden have announced a tour.

According to the bands twitter, its going to focus on Senjutsu and Somewhere in Time songs. Strange theme but ok.

I'd be so happy if I saw Caught Somewhere in Time, Stranger in a Strange Land and Sea of Madness in the setlist and not just the usual Heaven can Wait and Wasted Years.

Iron-Maiden-The-Future-Past-UK-tour-2023

Considering they can exist as a massive legacy act, I do admire Iron Maiden for always dedicating a tour to their newest record, not many band of that size (if any) do that. 

That said, I know people who went to the 'A Matter of Life & Death' and 'Book of Souls' tours off the top of my head and the review is pretty much "it was shit, they played loads of new stuff".

Yeah, the AMOLAD tour in particular was a bit of a wild move. That record did get a lot of critical acclaim but did anyone need to see the album played in full? I am a maiden diehard and even I would say 'absolutely not lol' to that.

The Leg of the Final Frontier tour before the album came out was bold as well. Headlining Sonisphere at Knebworth and going in with 1 song from a yet to be released album, a handful of classics and the rest being from the 2000s Bruce return era. 

Book of Souls was heavily weighted towards new stuff as well but at least they put Children of the Damned, Powerslave and Wasted Years into the set.

If they are touring a new album then for me the sweet spot would be about 3 new ones, the handful of songs they pretty much have to play and the rest being deep cuts.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

If they are touring a new album then for me the sweet spot would be about 3 new ones, the handful of songs they pretty much have to play and the rest being deep cuts.

Yeah, that's a tough thing to get right. Is there another band the status of Iron Maiden that do that kind of thing?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah, that's a tough thing to get right. Is there another band the status of Iron Maiden that do that kind of thing?

AC/DC is probably closest, between 3 and 5 new ones mixed into the greatest hits with a few changes in the list through the tour.

I saw Iron Maiden for the first time at download this year and was a bit disappointed. I was never a massive fan but kiss blew them away in comparison. They're probably the most underwhelming of the small pool of older acts still bobbing about I've seen.

They weren't bad, but it felt very underwhelming.

Edited by Tommy!

I went to see The Lemonheads tonight and it was by far the worst gig I have ever been to. Evan Dando is not in a good way. His management should be ashamed for putting him on the stage. His voice was shot, he would ramble on and constantly tune his guitar mid-song. It was such an awful sight. At least most fans were polite enough to not heckle him. What makes it even sadder that you could tell he knew it was rotten, but there's nothing he could have done to salvage it.

7 hours ago, pitseleh said:

I went to see The Lemonheads tonight and it was by far the worst gig I have ever been to. Evan Dando is not in a good way. His management should be ashamed for putting him on the stage. His voice was shot, he would ramble on and constantly tune his guitar mid-song. It was such an awful sight. At least most fans were polite enough to not heckle him. What makes it even sadder that you could tell he knew it was rotten, but there's nothing he could have done to salvage it.

A mate saw them on the tour and said pretty much the same. The diplomatic review was when he was at his best in the show he was phoning it in. Sounds worrying 

Saw Counting Crows at the O2 Academy in Sheffield last night. Really enjoyed it but slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm getting too old for standing at a gig. Got there for doors at 7pm and got out at about 11pm. After 4 hours my legs were aching! 

Not sure if anyone on here has seen them before but early on in the show, Adams performance was almost bordering on the theatrical to the point where he and the crowd were out of sync at times when it came to the sing along songs such as Mr Jones.

He did say that he ate Indian food after the sound check and felt that was a bad idea having it just before having to go onstage to sing. Other than that, really enjoyed the show and was a nice gesture when Adam Duritz personally came out to introduce the support act and then watch the first couple of songs from the side of the stage.

Edited by 5pints 2.0

• Paid Members
On 10/14/2022 at 9:31 PM, 5pints 2.0 said:

Not sure if anyone on here has seen them before but early on in the show, Adams performance was almost bordering on the theatrical to the point where he and the crowd were out of sync at times when it came to the sing along songs such as Mr Jones.

Thats what's always put me off seeing them. I appreciate the fact that it makes every show unique and he bascially improvises the delivery of every song but when the audience just wants to belt it back as it was recorded it makes it a jarring experience, especially when the original songs are so good. I just wanna say "stop dicking about" when i see footage of them.

If we are talking 90's though, getting a ticket for Soul Asylum/Everclear in November. When I last saw Eveclear 9 years ago I genuinely thought that was the last time id get to see them so it'll be cool to see them once again. Nostlagia 🥰