Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I didn't see a Shy Dad around but I was probably in the pit for half of the set.. Witch Fever were excellent and do more than live up to the media push they're getting.

I little bit of a Queenadreena feel, great energy.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Both support acts were fantastic. 

What did bug me was how noticeable Poppy not singing in half the tracks live was, great stage presence but when you try to tell the crowd it's the last song and the mic is muted you kinda shoot yourself in the foot.

Posted
On 11/29/2022 at 12:15 AM, Shy Dad said:

Both support acts were fantastic. 

What did bug me was how noticeable Poppy not singing in half the tracks live was, great stage presence but when you try to tell the crowd it's the last song and the mic is muted you kinda shoot yourself in the foot.

Seems like she's been ill during the tour, some kind of flu and she was on a drip for something before last night's show.

I'm surprised she could even do what she did.

Posted
On 11/28/2022 at 5:03 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Seeing Jaret Ray Reddick in brum next week. His album isn’t too bad so should be a decent night. 

This was a cracking enjoyable night, really fun and great vibe. The Asylum in brum is a smashing venue. Loved that he had a pedal steel player. A guy who was in American Pie was one of the support acts, he was fun but having not seen the films I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. 
 

The opening act were the pits. The guitarist and drummer were in Jarets back up band so I guess that’s how they got the opening spot. They were so inauthentic, the kind who think wearing hats makes them country. I could hear @SaitoRyo’s blood pressure rising all the way from the continent!

Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

The opening act were the pits. The guitarist and drummer were in Jarets back up band so I guess that’s how they got the opening spot. They were so inauthentic, the kind who think wearing hats makes them country. I could hear @SaitoRyo’s blood pressure rising all the way from the continent!

Listen, I like a good hat as much as the next guy, but I know just the type of folks you're talking about and let me tell you I am getting pissed off just thinking about it. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Listen, I like a good hat as much as the next guy, but I know just the type of folks you're talking about and let me tell you I am getting pissed off just thinking about it. 

The guitarist even changed into a trucker hat for the main event. I booed him. It wasn’t as bad as the vid I saw on Showcase TV (god rest it’s soul) where some Irish woman did a cover of Redneck Woman where the vid was her in an Irish pub playing pool. Irish country music is a form of cultural appropriation and that’s a hill I will die on. 

Posted
On 11/28/2022 at 5:03 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Seeing Jaret Ray Reddick in brum next week. His album isn’t too bad so should be a decent night. 

Thats the guy from Bowling For Soup, right? I saw some photos from the show and my god, he must have tripled in size since I last saw him.

Posted
2 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Thats the guy from Bowling For Soup, right? I saw some photos from the show and my god, he must have tripled in size since I last saw him.

That’s him. The guy has been through tough times with mental and physical health over the years, he’s real open and honest about it and said some quite moving stuff at the gig. Seems like a real sound guy!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Went to see Kunt yesterday. Fun and a good laugh as expected but being a small room the handful of people in the crowd who thought they were funny or were desperate to be seen were really noticeable. 

Petrol Bastard were on before, who were quite good, quite funny in parts and also looked really familiar for some reason. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Went to see Kunt yesterday. Fun and a good laugh as expected but being a small room the handful of people in the crowd who thought they were funny or were desperate to be seen were really noticeable. 

This sort of thing really gets on my nerves, in any context.

"No, your post underneath a Viz Letterbox Facebook post, Onion headline or joke from professional comedian was not funnier than the original, or in fact funny at all"

Posted

I had a free ticket offered to that but already had plans, ended up going to two gigs with the first being a harsh noise x punk show at 2pm and then some random black metal bands after the England game.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...