Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

Went to see Frank Turner last night. Unfortunately it was in Stoke but the Victoria Hall was a lovely venue. I really love the vibe at his gigs, there is always a great range of ages and band T-shirts. A bloke stood next to me was dad dancing like a champ as his daughter who must have been about 13 laughed proudly. They had a great time and it was real beautiful to see. It was like a community event with everyone there on the same page, looking out for each other and, as his number one rule of his gigs is, don’t be a dickhead and be considerate of everyone. I realised that I need to remember this in daily life!

To be honest I really needed this. Since getting Covid, and TB again a few years back, I haven’t been the same. My physical health is deteriorating to the point I’m practically housebound and I’ve just left my mental health to it’s own devices which isn’t the wisest as it lives comfortably in the gutter and is too stubborn to move. I’m exhausted today and in pain but it was worth it. 

The support band were popular. They were The Lottery Winners and I didn’t like them. The singer couldn’t decide if he was in a band or a stand up comedian and wasn’t very good at either. But they went down well so I was in the minority. Their bass player was real good though, the baselines carried every song. and she did a duet with Frank Turner later on. She’s probably one for the lovely girls thread as I think a few dirty old bollockses would like her.  

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Where/when is this one? I’ve looked online and I’m getting zip from the usual legalised touts.

Here you go - https://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/performances/view/7998-janette-mason-wall-to-wall-bowie-featuring-david-mcalmont-and-sam-obernik

It's a night of Bowie covers. I've seen him do it before, it's fantastic. 

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Here you go - https://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/performances/view/7998-janette-mason-wall-to-wall-bowie-featuring-david-mcalmont-and-sam-obernik

It's a night of Bowie covers. I've seen him do it before, it's fantastic. 

You absolute diamond. It’s the last game of the season that weekend so I’m due down in London; going to make a weekend of it to take this in. Nice one!

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

You absolute diamond. It’s the last game of the season that weekend so I’m due down in London; going to make a weekend of it to take this in. Nice one!

Every time I think about you coming down to London it just makes me fancy a Tasty Jerk now...

I'm off to the Jedi Mind Tricks etc. gig next weekend. Really excited for it as its a huge lineup. A few artists I might not have bothered with on their own but awesome all together. @Dead Mike or anyone else who might be going to one of the previous nights - I would be really interested in knowing the order of the lineup and what time the first act hits the stage as its really early doors so trying to figure out when I'm going to be able to get there at the earliest...

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm off to the Jedi Mind Tricks etc. gig next weekend. Really excited for it as its a huge lineup. A few artists I might not have bothered with on their own but awesome all together. @Dead Mike or anyone else who might be going to one of the previous nights - I would be really interested in knowing the order of the lineup and what time the first act hits the stage as its really early doors so trying to figure out when I'm going to be able to get there at the earliest...

Yeah, I got an email saying doors for Manchester next Friday have been moved to 6.30pm. I believe the running order is RA The Rugged Man - Immortal Technique - JMT. I'll try and get a pic of the stage times.

The newly reformed Pharcyde have announced dates for March too. Friday night with a 10pm curfew, perfect for old man Michael. 

I went to what I thought would be a smaller local gig last night but it ended up being sold out, great to see. I missed most of the first band but caught Total Luck for the third time in less than a year and they're just so good for such a young trio, they supported GNOD last year and have really grown since even with just one single song released. Proper Radio 6 type noise rock stuff that'd blow up on there. Table Scraps were the main but I'd never heard of them before, fun Black Sabbath-worshipping grungy garage rock.

Apparantly the bassist in Total Luck has acted in UKFF fav show Doctors.