Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

off to see The Hives on Tuesday in Bristol, it's like a 300 cap room so it should be pretty great.

Sounds like they'll be stopping any Persians from coming in

• Paid Members
On 2/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

You absolute diamond. It’s the last game of the season that weekend so I’m due down in London; going to make a weekend of it to take this in. Nice one!

Did you go to this in the end Frankie? We were at the early show. I was looking out for anyone bloated by a far too big breakfast in the morning, but didn't spot you. It was a fantastic show.

• Paid Members
On 5/26/2023 at 5:07 PM, Panhead said:

Saw John Fogerty in Manchester last night. He blew me away. What a back catalogue. He's 78 this month and has the energy of someone half his age. He OPENED with Bad Moon Rising! 

Pretty jealous of this. Sounds amazing! 

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, gmoney said:

Did you go to this in the end Frankie? We were at the early show. I was looking out for anyone bloated by a far too big breakfast in the morning, but didn't spot you. It was a fantastic show.

I didn’t, I’m afraid! Blur threw in a mini-gig in Wolverhampton on the same date that I couldn’t pass up. My arteries were in just as bad a state as they would have been had I been there, though.

Made up you got a good one from McAlmont; I’ll keep an eye out for his next ones.

• Paid Members
On 5/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, Dead Mike said:

Off to Slam Dunk this Sunday in Leeds. Weather looks to be good all weekend and looking at the clashfinder it seems like we'll be able to squeeze a lot in. Both Higher Power & Malevolence have eluded me so looking forward to checking both of them out. 

hope it goes off smoothly for you, reading absolute horror stories about the Hatfield show yesterday.

• Paid Members

Wasn't it there last year tons of shit got nicked, I'm sure someone from here had thier phone taken and said the places was littered with discarded cases from others.

Edited by Tommy!

8 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Wasn't it there last year tons of shit got nicked, I'm sure someone from here had thier phone taken and said the places was littered with discarded cases from others.

Yeah that was Accident Prone.

I've only been the once but that's when it was actually on the uni campus and it was a great venue.

• Paid Members

Getting into the site. Slam Dunk posted an apology tweet and just got rinsed in the replies. Lots of people saying they were stuck in traffic for upto 4 hours to get in and just complaining of the general lack of organisation in terms of parking and sign posting (Slam Dunk apparently posted the wrong post code on their travel infomation page). Then similar waiting times to leave. Then there's complaints of the actual site being oversold and being way too crowded. 

I attended Leeds pre-covid and had no complaints about the day but every year the Hatfield one seems to take a kick in.

Here's the tweet, just have a browse of the replies:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2023 at 12:54 PM, Egg Shen said:

hope it goes off smoothly for you, reading absolute horror stories about the Hatfield show yesterday.

Had a blast at Leeds yesterday. It was packed and the queues for food were horrible, ended up missing Higher Power again due to the shuttle bus taking ages to get onto site but everything else was top notch. Spanish Love Songs were fantastic, The Menzingers were reliably brilliant and Millencolin were a lovely surprise. Watched The Offspring headline which was a nostalgic treat. Shuttle bus back to Leeds was a breeze. 

The fact it's only a 1 dayer allows you to he a bit more forgiving around the organisational cock ups (a weekend of it would be frustrating). Next up 2000 Trees.