Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, hallicks said:

Saw them a couple of times, must be 15-16 years ago now. Glad to hear they’re still knocking around, some great songs and they were pretty decent live. 

That's how long it had been since I'd seen them too, and barely followed them since. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Suede in Southampton. Fucking brilliant. Brett Anderson looks like late 80's Cliff Richard now and moves about like he's done all of the drugs in the universe. A rare time I've seen a band I loved as a kid who weren't dogshit live (looking at you Pixies).

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Got tickets to Badly Drawn Boy and Busted in Bridlington on 2 successive days in September recently. Should be an interesting double header. Hoping to get Symposium tickets for Manchester in November too.

I saw Paramore on the Riot tour, which I guess was 2005-ish? If they're half as good as they were back then you'll be in for a great night

Posted
40 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said:

 

I saw Paramore on the Riot tour, which I guess was 2005-ish? If they're half as good as they were back then you'll be in for a great night

Isn’t a completely different band now? And pretty much just Paramore in name only?

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Kate Nash is playing London in June. Got tickets last week, meaning I’m now seeing my five favourite not-dead artists in the space of 10 months. Splendid and tremendous.

  • Paid Members
Posted
23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Isn’t a completely different band now? And pretty much just Paramore in name only?

Not really. Hayley and the original drummer are still in the band. It’s just them plus one other person. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ah right, I thought it was just Hayley left and that everybody else was new.

I think it was two brothers that left and one of them came back after a few years (pretty sure it was the drummer).

Posted
17 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Kate Nash is playing London in June. Got tickets last week, meaning I’m now seeing my five favourite not-dead artists in the space of 10 months. Splendid and tremendous.

Jealous about this. I love Girl Talk and as much as I can't believe it's been 10 years since it came out I'd love to see it done live 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
4 hours ago, Rockbus2 said:

Jealous about this. I love Girl Talk and as much as I can't believe it's been 10 years since it came out I'd love to see it done live 

Yeah, I was made up to nab tickets as it sold out in minutes. I saw her on the GT tour when it came out but that was a mix of old and new songs. Sister is always a highlight of her gigs but it’ll be ace to hear it in amongst the rest of the album. She always delivers a minimum 9/10 performance so hoping that continues for this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...