Merzbow Posted May 2, 2023 Posted May 2, 2023 Yeah they've tried to get rid of it a couple of times now, wankers. Quote
Panhead Posted May 4, 2023 Posted May 4, 2023 Got tickets for Hot Mulligan in September. I don't know any of their stuff but Spanish Love Songs are opening for them and I love their last album. I nearly bought a ticket for Slam Dunk to see them. I'm glad I didn't now. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 4, 2023 Members Posted May 4, 2023 3 minutes ago, Panhead said: Spanish Love Songs are opening for them and I love their last album. Brilliant live, you're in for a treat. Quote
Panhead Posted May 4, 2023 Posted May 4, 2023 Just now, SuperBacon said: Brilliant live, you're in for a treat. I'm hoping they're getting at least a 40 minute set. The tour poster almost makes it look like a co-headliner. Where did you see them? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 5, 2023 Members Posted May 5, 2023 7 hours ago, Panhead said: I'm hoping they're getting at least a 40 minute set. The tour poster almost makes it look like a co-headliner. Where did you see them? Kentish Town Forum with The Menzingers. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 11, 2023 Posted May 11, 2023 If you’re daft enough to want to see The View then you deserve it. But I don’t think they’ll be doing any more gigs after last nights Manchester show. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 11, 2023 Members Posted May 11, 2023 Pussy for hitting him with his back turned, but that was a decent last shot. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 11, 2023 Posted May 11, 2023 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Pussy for hitting him with his back turned, but that was a decent last shot. Yeah was a quality dig. Probably the best thing he’s ever done. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 18, 2023 Posted May 18, 2023 On 5/2/2023 at 7:03 PM, Merzbow said: I'm tempted to go see them on the 13th, a real solid bit of blackgaze and it's at The Flapper which has surprisingly great sound for such a dingy looking basement. You'll be glad to know the gig was really good but £30 for a t-shirt wasn't. Quote
Tamura Posted May 24, 2023 Posted May 24, 2023 (edited) Kate Rusby in Huddersfield tonight. It'll be the first time I've ever been to a gig where a set has an interval, instead of a gap between bands/acts. Although it might not be on yet, as last night in Newark was cancelled with a message saying "we are hoping a day’s rest may make Huddersfield possible tomorrow". Edited May 24, 2023 by Tamura Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted May 24, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2023 Off to Slam Dunk this Sunday in Leeds. Weather looks to be good all weekend and looking at the clashfinder it seems like we'll be able to squeeze a lot in. Both Higher Power & Malevolence have eluded me so looking forward to checking both of them out. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 24, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted May 24, 2023 Booked my ticket to see Baaba Maal at the Barbican on Tuesday night. Been decades since I saw him at the Royal Festival Hall. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 24, 2023 Posted May 24, 2023 (edited) I got offered a free ticket to see Zoviet France on Saturday, no idea what to expect as they've had a million different sounds over the decades and there's a Punk/Black metal Pride alternative in the same venue on Sunday. Brum Pride is stupidly expensive and commercialised now so it's good to see something else in the city. Edited May 24, 2023 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 24, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2023 6 hours ago, Dead Mike said: Off to Slam Dunk this Sunday in Leeds. Weather looks to be good all weekend and looking at the clashfinder it seems like we'll be able to squeeze a lot in. Both Higher Power & Malevolence have eluded me so looking forward to checking both of them out. was gonna go but having not pre-paid for the hotel or bought a ticket it was just too much to fork out in one go, let us know how it goes. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 25, 2023 Paid Members Posted May 25, 2023 off to see The Hives on Tuesday in Bristol, it's like a 300 cap room so it should be pretty great. Nabbed a ticket to see Fear Factory in November too, looking a bit rejuvinated with the new singer, should be decent! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.