Rockbus2 Posted April 20, 2023 Posted April 20, 2023 On 4/19/2023 at 11:22 AM, Panhead said: I saw Paramore in Manchester last night. They were so good. Definitely one of the best arena shows that I've ever been to. Just discovered that one of the fans pulled from the crowd to sing Misery Business was Jess from Peaness. If you've never heard Peaness I'd check them out. Quote
Panhead Posted April 20, 2023 Posted April 20, 2023 4 hours ago, Rockbus2 said: Just discovered that one of the fans pulled from the crowd to sing Misery Business was Jess from Peaness. If you've never heard Peaness I'd check them out. There was a brief "Pea-ness!" chant afterwards just before Paramore started playing Last Hope. I'll definitely have a listen to them. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 22, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2023 Grabbed a ticket to see Symposium in November in London. Didn't bother for the original reunion show but ended it regretting it because it looked great. That band pretty much encapsulates my youth and snapshots a certain period of time in my head perfectly. Nostalgic good times ahead. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 24, 2023 Posted April 24, 2023 I saw Japanese death metal & hardcore band Kruelty last night, one of those funny nights when the pit politics come in to play as the hardcore kids often absolutely hate moshers. It was good seeing a mix of the two and no stupid shit happening though, had to get in on both before my back finally gives up. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted April 26, 2023 Awards Moderator Posted April 26, 2023 (edited) Managed to nab tickets for Blur in Wolverhampton in May, for one of their warm-up gigs. Seeing them elsewhere in June, but at big fuck-off stadiums/venues. This one’s in a little sweaty hall; there’ll be elbows everywhere and probably piss on the floor. The very best gigs are small ones and as one of my favourites ever was seeing them at the Royal Court in 1997, I can’t wait. If they can replicate a tenth of that, I’ll be made up. Sure, they’ve got fatter, older and slower. I’m their perfect audience member! Edited April 26, 2023 by Frankie Crisp Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 26, 2023 Posted April 26, 2023 Billy Strings is playing in Manchester, hadn’t heard him until @Philo_Vance recommended him. So will get tickets for that and see Philo as well! Also, McFly are playing the day before and my gf loves them but has never seen them. Hoping to bag tickets for that for her. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 26, 2023 Members Posted April 26, 2023 1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said: Also, McFly are playing the day before and my gf loves them but has never seen them. Hoping to bag tickets for that for her. My 10yo's favourite band. Took her to see them a couple years back and they were brilliant. I think they're great. I grabbed a ticket for The Menzingers playing the 1865 in Southampton. They're a pretty sizeable punk band, so a 600 capacity venue for them will be absolutely amazing. One of their songs has the chorus "Where we gonna go, now that our twenties are over?" so I might just substitute that with 'thirties' Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted April 29, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 29, 2023 I went to see John Cooper Clarke tonight and it was great. I wasn't sure what to expect but he was very funny and it had a great atmosphere. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted April 30, 2023 Posted April 30, 2023 8 hours ago, Tommy! said: I went to see John Cooper Clarke tonight and it was great. I wasn't sure what to expect but he was very funny and it had a great atmosphere. I’m off to see him in a couple of weeks too. Quite excited for it. Quote
TibBo Posted April 30, 2023 Posted April 30, 2023 On 4/26/2023 at 5:08 PM, Frankie Crisp said: Managed to nab tickets for Blur in Wolverhampton in May, for one of their warm-up gigs. Seeing them elsewhere in June, but at big fuck-off stadiums/venues. This one’s in a little sweaty hall; there’ll be elbows everywhere and probably piss on the floor. The very best gigs are small ones and as one of my favourites ever was seeing them at the Royal Court in 1997, I can’t wait. If they can replicate a tenth of that, I’ll be made up. Sure, they’ve got fatter, older and slower. I’m their perfect audience member! I saw them at Newhampton Arts Center in Wolverhampton a few years ago. I think the capacity there was about 200. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 30, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 30, 2023 On 4/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, Keith Houchen said: Also, McFly are playing the day before and my gf loves them but has never seen them. Hoping to bag tickets for that for her. I had a look at pricing up Busted/Hanson tickets, but they're ridiculously expensive. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted April 30, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 30, 2023 4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: I’m off to see him in a couple of weeks too. Quite excited for it. Mike Garry was on first who I've never heard of, knowing nothing about anything in that scene, who was also really good. A couple of more serious bits sprinkled with jokes. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 2, 2023 Posted May 2, 2023 Just realised that next week I'm off to see MØL (or black-metal-Finch as I like to call them). It'll be the first gig I've been to - bar 2000 Trees Festival - since February 2020. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 2, 2023 Posted May 2, 2023 I'm tempted to go see them on the 13th, a real solid bit of blackgaze and it's at The Flapper which has surprisingly great sound for such a dingy looking basement. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 2, 2023 Posted May 2, 2023 23 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I'm tempted to go see them on the 13th, a real solid bit of blackgaze and it's at The Flapper which has surprisingly great sound for such a dingy looking basement. Yeah, that's where I'm going to see them. I love The Flapper. I'm so glad it didn't get knocked down and turned into flats. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.