Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

On 4/19/2023 at 11:22 AM, Panhead said:

I saw Paramore in Manchester last night. They were so good. Definitely one of the best arena shows that I've ever been to. 

Just discovered that one of the fans pulled from the crowd to sing Misery Business was Jess from Peaness. If you've never heard Peaness I'd check them out.

4 hours ago, Rockbus2 said:

Just discovered that one of the fans pulled from the crowd to sing Misery Business was Jess from Peaness. If you've never heard Peaness I'd check them out.

There was a brief "Pea-ness!" chant afterwards just before Paramore started playing Last Hope. I'll definitely have a listen to them. 

• Paid Members

Grabbed a ticket to see Symposium in November in London. Didn't bother for the original reunion show but ended it regretting it because it looked great. That band pretty much encapsulates my youth and snapshots a certain period of time in my head perfectly. Nostalgic good times ahead.

I saw Japanese death metal & hardcore band Kruelty last night, one of those funny nights when the pit politics come in to play as the hardcore kids often absolutely hate moshers. It was good seeing a mix of the two and no stupid shit happening though, had to get in on both before my back finally gives up.

• Awards Moderator

Managed to nab tickets for Blur in Wolverhampton in May, for one of their warm-up gigs. Seeing them elsewhere in June, but at big fuck-off stadiums/venues.

This one’s in a little sweaty hall; there’ll be elbows everywhere and probably piss on the floor. The very best gigs are small ones and as one of my favourites ever was seeing them at the Royal Court in 1997, I can’t wait. If they can replicate a tenth of that, I’ll be made up.

Sure, they’ve got fatter, older and slower. I’m their perfect audience member!

Edited by Frankie Crisp

Billy Strings is playing in Manchester, hadn’t heard him until @Philo_Vance recommended him. So will get tickets for that and see Philo as well!  Also, McFly are playing the day before and my gf loves them but has never seen them. Hoping to bag tickets for that for her. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Also, McFly are playing the day before and my gf loves them but has never seen them. Hoping to bag tickets for that for her. 

My 10yo's favourite band.

Took her to see them a couple years back and they were brilliant. I think they're great.

I grabbed a ticket for The Menzingers playing the 1865 in Southampton. 

They're a pretty sizeable punk band, so a 600 capacity venue for them will be absolutely amazing.

One of their songs has the chorus "Where we gonna go, now that our twenties are over?" so I might just substitute that with 'thirties' :)

On 4/26/2023 at 5:08 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Managed to nab tickets for Blur in Wolverhampton in May, for one of their warm-up gigs. Seeing them elsewhere in June, but at big fuck-off stadiums/venues.

This one’s in a little sweaty hall; there’ll be elbows everywhere and probably piss on the floor. The very best gigs are small ones and as one of my favourites ever was seeing them at the Royal Court in 1997, I can’t wait. If they can replicate a tenth of that, I’ll be made up.

Sure, they’ve got fatter, older and slower. I’m their perfect audience member!

I saw them at Newhampton Arts Center in Wolverhampton a few years ago. I think the capacity there was about 200.

• Paid Members
On 4/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Also, McFly are playing the day before and my gf loves them but has never seen them. Hoping to bag tickets for that for her. 

I had a look at pricing up Busted/Hanson tickets, but they're ridiculously expensive. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I’m off to see him in a couple of weeks too. Quite excited for it. 

Mike Garry was on first who I've never heard of, knowing nothing about anything in that scene, who was also really good. A couple of more serious bits sprinkled with jokes. 

23 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm tempted to go see them on the 13th, a real solid bit of blackgaze and it's at The Flapper which has surprisingly great sound for such a dingy looking basement.

Yeah, that's where I'm going to see them. I love The Flapper. I'm so glad it didn't get knocked down and turned into flats.