Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

There seems to be different offers for each venue. A mate of mine is off to the show in Birmingham tonight where they seem to be papering it like an episode of Nitro. He got a ticket and just had to pay the booking fee at the venue box office, so @SaitoRyo it might be worth just contacting the venue direct and seeing what they’re offering on the day

My brother had originally bought tickets for £75 apiece (a few months ago). He got an email last week offering practically free tickets, so got them and sold the ones he had bought. 

Ah, my bad. I thought you were looking to get tickets. You do right trying to get you’re money back

The whole thing has been a disaster. They booked the same week as Download which has Metallica headlining two separate nights, what did they expect to happen. 
All I can envision is that scene in Spinal Tap where they’re playing to about 15 people who are all there to watch the Puppet show that’s on afterwards

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

A mate of mine is off to Kiss. I believe they just had to pay a £5 booking fee. 

Hilarious it's that cheap. 

@SaitoRyo Who bought the ones he sold? Did they not know it's practically free? 🤣

Yeah, that's what my brother paid. A bargain at twice the price. And I have no idea, honestly. Don't think my brother asked too many questions! 

It (KISS) was worth a fiver. It was my eight year olds first gig and he loved it. Not as good as they would have been years ago but it's still a fun show and a big old spectacle. You couldn't see a KISS tribute band for that money so I was well chuffed really. Nice memory for his first ever gig 

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

It (KISS) was worth a fiver. It was my eight year olds first gig and he loved it. Not as good as they would have been years ago but it's still a fun show and a big old spectacle. You couldn't see a KISS tribute band for that money so I was well chuffed really. Nice memory for his first ever gig 

I know a few pages back there were mentions of special offers on Kiss tickets, doe anyone know if they're still on and where/how to get them? I'm not a massive fan, but if there's somehow an offer on for the London O2 date next month I might be tempted

23 minutes ago, TobyK said:

I know a few pages back there were mentions of special offers on Kiss tickets, doe anyone know if they're still on and where/how to get them? I'm not a massive fan, but if there's somehow an offer on for the London O2 date next month I might be tempted

With that date still being a month away I reckon they’re going to hope for a surge in sales. Probably best to leave it until closer to the date and see what they’re offering then. The 50% offer on Ticketmaster for Manchester is still working though

Sounds like they just priced themselves out of an audience with some of the crazier premium ticket prices they were trying to flog. Kiss are definitely still a draw, and you know what you're getting, which is a highly choreographed, preposterous bit of glam rock history. 

At least the gouging is on brand, unlike Tool with their knowing, absolute fleecing of their music-for-the-intelligent-mind devotees. 

I'm trying to get a ticket for Queens Of The Stone Age next week in Halifax. I set up an alert for Twickets but they've gone straight away before I've had chance to buy one. Like literally within seconds of the email arriving. Has anyone got prior experience with Stubhub or Viagogo? I'm just wondering how legit they are. 

Took the eldest to see Arctic Monkeys at Ageas Bowl, which is most certainly the most exciting thing to ever happen at the Hampshire cricket ground.

I've officially become "Dad at rock concert" old but what a wonderful time and experience to share together. Think she's been waiting for this for about 9 months and she enjoyed every second.

You do slightly fall into the role of 'Everyone here is a drunken twat and a threat to my child' mode and have to keep a side-eye on people but we had a blast.

She was mortified when they played Turn The Page by The Streets beforehand and I rapped it word for word. Gotta show these fucking LADSLADSLADS who the original geezer is!

Monkeys were brilliant, and a fantastic setlist which covers all (tranquility) bases. Alex Turner changing the rhythm of the choruses so people can't really sing along is so funny, I admire it so much.

Although he doesn't say much, he remains an excellent stage presence and front man.

Happy Dad (ignore the double chin please) and happy child (doing that weird hand thing they all do)

spacer.png