Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Completely deserved too. Their capacity to reinvent themselves at this stage at their career and not be shite while doing so is pretty much unparalleled. Veronica Lake from their most recent album sounds like nothing they've done before and like it was made by people 50 years younger than them.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

I caught some of Sparks and was thrilled at how well they were received. I also saw a bit of Guns and Roses who I’ve never really liked and that performance didn’t change my opinion at all!

Axl’s voice was shot. They probably should’ve given Myles Kennedy a call (but I doubt Axl would’ve accepted that). Slash was still awesome though.

I liked the Manic Street Preacher’s performance and even Rick Astley. Started watching some of Blondie this morning and while I liked some of the songs, Deborah Harry’s voice is also shot. Fair play for still doing shows aged 77 though.

Elton John was brilliant though. Definitely deserved to headline but it’s just a bit sad that he’s retiring (also up there in years though).

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

If you were hoping to catch him live, I've got some bad news for you :)

45 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Elton John was brilliant though. Definitely deserved to headline but it’s just a bit sad that he’s retiring (also up there in years though).

I'm about as convinced he's actually retiring as I would be with a pro wrestling retirement. He's already walked it back a bit and said it's just touring he doesn't want to do and he might do some one-off live shows in the future if he gets the itch. So world tour in 2025 probably.

• Paid Members

In fairness to him, he did put the retirement tour on hold because of the pandemic - since 2019, at least two of those years would've been because of Covid. Think there was also something about him breaking his hip and needing surgery too.

• Paid Members

I was in the crowd for Lewis Capaldi’s set at Glastonbury and I’ve never experienced anything like that in my life. Everyone was weeping as they willed him through it and sung the majority of his final song. I only went because my wife dragged me along and I think he’s funny on social media, but by the end I was glad I was wearing sunglasses to hide the tears. Whew! What a moment! I’m a fan for life after that!

Anyone who wasted their time with Arctic Monkeys and then complained afterwards got everything they deserved. It’s not as if the band or Alex Turner suddenly morphed into this. It became the Club Singer Round years ago.

Elton John muttering how it “might,” be his last UK show was pure pro-wrestling retirement. He’ll be in a four way at Wrestlemania 2000.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, mim731 said:

I'm about as convinced he's actually retiring as I would be with a pro wrestling retirement. He's already walked it back a bit and said it's just touring he doesn't want to do and he might do some one-off live shows in the future if he gets the itch. So world tour in 2025 probably.

Most wrestling thing about it was him putting the youngsters over on the way out.

Lizzo and The Chicks were clearly the highlights for me, just gutted that The Chicks London dates are just opening for Springsteen and I can't get to them or any of the other full shows out in the regions.  UHD iPlayer was pissing about for me so I had to watch in regular HD like some kind of peasant.

22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Rick Astley and Blossoms doing The Smiths (please take this on tour and make Morrissey even more pissed off)

Surprisingly Morrissey is a fan of it, it’s actually Marr who has the hump about it.

They’ve actually just finished touring it but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for another after watching that set. Looked tonnes of fun.