Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Rancid were amazing last night. Huge fun and amazing energy from the band & crowd alike.

The Victoria Warehouse is the worst venue in Manchester (and arguably the worst anywhere for the size of artist they host).

21 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Rancid were amazing last night. Huge fun and amazing energy from the band & crowd alike.

The Victoria Warehouse is the worst venue in Manchester (and arguably the worst anywhere for the size of artist they host).

I'm going there to see Spiritbox there in a couple of weeks. What's the parking and food situation like near it? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Panhead said:

I'm going there to see Spiritbox there in a couple of weeks. What's the parking and food situation like near it? 

Shit & shit 

It's all snide parking with blokes charging a tenner to park on the premises of closed businesses. 

The venue is literally in the shadows of Old Trafford, it's not in town so compared to the Ritz/Academy it's slim pickings

9 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Shit & shit 

It's all snide parking with blokes charging a tenner to park on the premises of closed businesses. 

The venue is literally in the shadows of Old Trafford, it's not in town so compared to the Ritz/Academy it's slim pickings

For fuck's sake. It was originally meant to be at the Ritz as well! 

Just booked to see John Cooper Clarke in Blackpool.

Tickets are pricey enough but a £9.80 service charge PLUS £2.60 booking fee?!

I must sound like an old fellah banging on about seeing George Formby, getting the tram home and still having enough change from a guinea for fish & chips.

9 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

I must sound like an old fellah banging on about seeing George Formby, getting the tram home and still having enough change from a guinea for fish & chips.

Thought things like that had been stopped a few years ago?

11 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

The fucking gigs are fucking steep, pay a fucking booking fee, a fucking tenner service charge, when'd it get so fucking large?

• Paid Members

Stuck Elton John’s Glastonbury set on last night just out of curiosity as I’ve oddly never gave him a proper listen and could maybe only name you a handful of songs off the top of my head. That being said, wow. Might have got himself a new fan!

29 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Might have got himself a new fan!

If you were hoping to catch him live, I've got some bad news for you :)

He was brilliant. There are not many more artists with a better catalogue of songs than him.

Didn't watch that much of it over the weekend but the highlights were Arctic Monkeys (everyone having a whinge on Twitter was great. Oh, go and listen to the debut album over and over again), Rick Astley and Blossoms doing The Smiths (please take this on tour and make Morrissey even more pissed off), Leftfield, Blondie and I also watched Lewis Capaldi with the youngest ("Can we go next year?") and Lana Del Rey with the eldest ("Can we go next year?")

The latter of which was surreal as she was half an hour late so they cut her at midnight with a full 8 songs left in the set. They don't fuck around it seems. I assume its a stage/license issue?

Then she led the crowd in an acapella version of her biggest hit, and walked the front row to screaming, almost fainting fans. She was great. A proper superstar. 

• Paid Members

I caught some of Sparks and was thrilled at how well they were received. I also saw a bit of Guns and Roses who I’ve never really liked and that performance didn’t change my opinion at all!