Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members
On 10/13/2022 at 12:56 AM, pitseleh said:

I went to see The Lemonheads tonight and it was by far the worst gig I have ever been to. Evan Dando is not in a good way. His management should be ashamed for putting him on the stage. His voice was shot, he would ramble on and constantly tune his guitar mid-song. It was such an awful sight. At least most fans were polite enough to not heckle him. What makes it even sadder that you could tell he knew it was rotten, but there's nothing he could have done to salvage it.

My friend is in a band and they supported Evan Dando years ago* and we went to the gig. He shuffled out didn't look up from his songbook the entire time, zero interaction with the crowd and was totally out of it. 

I saw him at Glastonbury the year after and it was night and day with him pissing about and enjoying himself and performing really well. I think he's a casualty of whatever he was on during his peak and its 50/50 what version you'll get, sadly. 

*I only mention this because I found out that his rider for the gig was 6 cans of premium larger and a cheese board, neither of which he touched and the cheeseboard was stolen by the opening act. 

• Paid Members

That Billy Idol gig was last night, he was fantastic, definitely still has it.

The highlights for classic action movie fans were; they did "Speed" - their tie in song for the movie of the same name (That was a really nice surprise.) and Billy's long time guitarist Steve Stevens played a section of the Top Gun anthem (which he did for the film), it sounded most triumphant live.

Idol is the sort of artist with so many hits he can't play them all (he did play loads), he did 3 songs off his new EP which was pushing it but he was really earnest about enjoying writing and playing new material so I can't begrudge it. Doing a cover song towards the end was a bit much though, think 100% of the people there would rather see another Idol hit.

Didn't catch Toyah Wilcox 

Managed to get forth row tickets for Roger Waters next year in Manchester. Not sure what to make of the advertising though, his FIRST retirement tour! Glad I'm going especially as I'm off to see the Australian Pink Floyd in Sheffield next month. Just need David Gilmour to announce another tour and I'll be a happy man. 

39 minutes ago, ThommoLincs said:

Motley Crue and Def Leppard are heading out on a tour again next year.

I know Vince Neil's voice is nowhere near what it was but fuck it I'm going!

If Mick Mars’ Spine curves anymore he’ll be able to see his arsehole. Taking him out on tour again is just cruel.

Seeing Nikki Six’s wig again will be something for those that go

• Paid Members

I was in Florida last week, and on the drive over to Orlando, where we were staying overnight before going to the Space Center the next day, my girlfriend decided to check to see if there were any gigs going on that night. There were, and as far as impromptu unplanned gigs go, you can do a lot worse than GWAR.

They were supported by Crobot, who were fine, but a bit Wolfmother in terms of just being derivative rock tropes, and Nekrogoblikon, who were absolutely brilliant. Great fun, kind of Mr Bungle-esque in places, and they have a goblin hype-man/dancer/mascot called John Goblikon.

GWAR themselves were superb, and obviously completely unlike anything I'd ever seen. I actually really like their new album, so wasn't too fussed that most of what they played was taken from that. The stage presence is obviously the main thing, though; we were stood about fifteen or sixteen rows back, and to the side of the venue, and still managed to get splashed with fake blood, given how far into the crowd they manage to shoot that stuff. It's grotesque and completely daft. 

• Paid Members
On 10/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, chokeout said:

Motley Crue are playing in Lytham in 2023. Everyone just think about that for a moment. 

I mean, I'm going, it's 15min from my house but it's madness. 

I've plumped for this, thought it would make a good close to and excuse for a weekend up Preston or Blackpool. 

But what's the deal with the tickets, £100 more for a VIP ticket, which sells it self on "premium view at the front of the stage" which looks like the right 1/3 of the stage a few rows deep set off.