Paid Members gmoney Posted May 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 20, 2022 29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Run The Jewels in two weeks. Friend got us backstage passes (it's not KFogg no) so I'm going to try and get a photo of me with Killer Mike and El-P doing the RTJ 'fist and gun' hands for peak lame whiteness. Cannot wait though. I had a ticket for this, but a close friend's wedding got moved due to Covid to that day. I was pretty gutted. I did sit and wonder just how close they really are, but I've made peace with it now. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 20, 2022 Members Posted May 20, 2022 Just now, gmoney said: I had a ticket for this, but a close friend's wedding got moved due to Covid to that day. I was pretty gutted. I did sit and wonder just how close they really are, but I've made peace with it now. The Brixton date? That's a shame, but to be honest they're back over for Reading and Leeds and I've heard they'll be doing some small things around those dates...possibly House Of Vans so keep an eye out. Also, they show no signs of stopping making music together so sure there will be plenty more tours. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 20, 2022 Aye the Brixton date. I'm sure I'll get another chance. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted May 26, 2022 Posted May 26, 2022 I saw Midland at the o2 Academy in Glasgow last night. Well worth the trip up from Newcastle and late-night drive back. I like the band anyway, but I have a new appreciation for them after the gig. They're just great musicians and the set had a nice balance between honky tonk barnstormers and ballads. They did a mix of stuff from their various albums, as well as some choice covers including a couple of Springsteen tunes, as well as others of Tom Petty, Garth Brooks and Jerry Reed. Well worth seeing even if you're not massively into country music, I would say. They're just a really fun time and you get your money's worth with a two-hour, 23-song setlist show. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2022 One for the London folk. How easy it to drive to Camden for a show? whenever i've been previously i've gone on the tube, but wondering if its a simple enough place to drive too? Ive driven to Wembley several times, but haven't gone anywhere else in London. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 29, 2022 Members Posted May 29, 2022 3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: One for the London folk. How easy it to drive to Camden for a show? whenever i've been previously i've gone on the tube, but wondering if its a simple enough place to drive too? Ive driven to Wembley several times, but haven't gone anywhere else in London. Travelling from where? If its north of London (also known as "The North") then yeah, it's pretty easy, but I wouldn't know about parking and can imagine it would be a pain like everywhere else. Could try East Finchely and then take the quick(ish) tube? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2022 travelling down from Wales on the m4 Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 29, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted May 29, 2022 Depends on the day you're going, too. Presumably you're going at the weekend? You can park in Regent's Park for free on Saturday and Sunday. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2022 nah its a weekday, i can still go on the bus and get on the tube, just wondering if driving is a viable option to save on accommodation. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted May 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2022 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: nah its a weekday, i can still go on the bus and get on the tube, just wondering if driving is a viable option to save on accommodation. Quite a few people at my work that drive in along the M4 tend to park at “The Westfield” and then walk/tube into central London from there, so could be an option. Presumably it’s a big shopping centre in West London, who knows. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted May 31, 2022 Posted May 31, 2022 Alexisonfire just announced a tour this October - Cardiff, Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Brighton and London. Lovely stuff. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted May 31, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 31, 2022 I've just got tickets to something at the rescue rooms in Nottingham, anyone know what it's like? Their website and Facebook give nothing away. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 31, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted May 31, 2022 38 minutes ago, Tommy! said: I've just got tickets to something at the rescue rooms in Nottingham, anyone know what it's like? Their website and Facebook give nothing away. I would hope not! Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 31, 2022 Posted May 31, 2022 2 hours ago, Tommy! said: I've just got tickets to something at the rescue rooms in Nottingham, anyone know what it's like? Their website and Facebook give nothing away. Pretty sure I saw Hope Of The States there. Cracking little venue if it was. Mind you, that would’ve been about 15 years ago. Quote
Rossman Posted May 31, 2022 Posted May 31, 2022 Seen a few bands at the Rescue Rooms. Dave Hause, Against Me, Marcus King. It's basically a big square room that holds about 500 people. There is a bar at the back of the room. There is a gantry on another level where you can stand for a raised view. The main room links to another bar as well. Sound wise it always sounds pretty good. But that could just be down to the band's engineer. Rescue Rooms is on a complex with Rock City and Stealth. There is a hotel and multi storey next door. And it's 5 minutes walk to the city centre. The only venue I'm not too keen on in Nottingham is the Bodega Social Club. It's above a bar and they have a bar on the left side of the main room. When you are standing and watching the band, people are always walking left and right like a space invader trying to get the drinks in. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.