Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Worth bearing in mind that the transfer time at Green Park is often longer than you might think, just because it's a reasonable distance between the tube lines. It's also a fair hike from the tube platforms at Euston to the actual rail platforms, depending which line you're travelling on. 

If you were willing to leave the gig 5 mins before the end, or be ready to go and near the exit and rush as the band finish, you should in theory be able to get the tube without any issues. Also, worth bearing in mind that at North Greenwich they sometimes hold the trains after the gig until they are full before they get going.

In theory it should be possible as @Carbomb says, but worth bearing in mind potential obstacles.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Worth bearing in mind that the transfer time at Green Park is often longer than you might think, just because it's a reasonable distance between the tube lines. It's also a fair hike from the tube platforms at Euston to the actual rail platforms, depending which line you're travelling on. 

If you were willing to leave the gig 5 mins before the end, or be ready to go and near the exit and rush as the band finish, you should in theory be able to get the tube without any issues. Also, worth bearing in mind that at North Greenwich they sometimes hold the trains after the gig until they are full before they get going.

In theory it should be possible as @Carbomb says, but worth bearing in mind potential obstacles.

I was actually thinking that @Ironic Indie Lad go to Waterloo and take the Northern line from there to Euston instead (would've said go to London Bridge and take the Northern from there, but apparently that branch is closed for a while) - the interchange at Green Park might as well be two separate fucking stations, given how much you walk. 

• Paid Members

The artists and their management are 100% aware of this and it wouldn't be happening if they didn't also support it.

Like direct allocations to resale currently, they're all in on it. 

Luckily I'm a pretentious cunt who only really goes to gigs at tiny venues with artists where you can still pay on the door.

I saw Gnod two nights ago up in Centrala, a lovely little venue that's also an Eastern European art space.

Some great shows being announced in Hull at the moment, especially at the recently reopened Tower Ballroom. In the next few months I've got Sepultura, Peaness and Dinosaur Jr (at Asylum) lined up, and Sick Of It All have recently been announced too. 

1 hour ago, Rockbus2 said:

Some great shows being announced in Hull at the moment, especially at the recently reopened Tower Ballroom. In the next few months I've got Sepultura, Peaness and Dinosaur Jr (at Asylum) lined up, and Sick Of It All have recently been announced too. 

Napalm Death are playing there next March too, but tickets haven’t gone on sale for that yet.

Cheers for the heads up on Sepultura and Sick Of It All though, needless to say I went and booked tickets immediately. If the town has finally got a venue that can attract that’s level of act it means a lot less cross-country trips for me. Raging Speedhorn supporting the Sepultura show too, that’s going to be a great night out

Also needless to say, but Surge Pricing can fuck right off

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Got a pretty tasty summer lined up. 

Currently booked for 2000 Trees and Truck Festival, a mate has suggested we should do full Download because we loved the pilot last year and then gig wise I'm currently looking at Phoebe Bridgers and trying to see if I can nab a resale ticket for MCR and Olivia Rodrigo. 

Even though my gig experiences now are staying out of pits, chilling at the side or in a further back quieter people space I still can't get out of how much I love being in that environment. 

I've also been really lucky to meet three different friend groups who come from all over the UK for each festival and occasionally overlap so the connection I make with people helps improve my social interaction in person stuff with the aspergers and anxiety. Just did an interview for someone's University Dissertation on disabled representation at live events as well which was super cool that I can add my perspective there. 

I don't know if live music will ever really be as it used to, but I'm really enjoying how it is at the moment. 

Plus I'm dressed as Santa Claus at all 3 festivals this summer. It's always fun confusing drunk people. 

Edited by Shy Dad

19 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

aspergers

Off topic. Isn’t that considered an outdated term these days? I thought ASD was used  

21 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Plus I'm dressed as Santa Claus at all 3 festivals this summer. It's always fun confusing drunk people.

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Off topic. Isn’t that considered an outdated term these days? I thought ASD was used  

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

In fairness its part of the fancy dress theme for 2000 Trees, so Santa makes sense there. The other festivals its more a running joke with festival friends. 

When it comes to Aspergers, it probably is ASD, but I've been so out of the loop on terms and I've always kinda wanted to distinguish from Autism to Aspergers. It's a strange one, if it's more correct for me to say ASD I'll say that from then on. 

1 minute ago, Shy Dad said:

it's more correct for me to say ASD I'll say that from then on. 

Hey, you’re the one with the diagnosis! If that’s what they told you then stick with whatever you wish to. I know that in recent times, they’ve moved away from Asperger’s what with the whole Nazi thing. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hey, you’re the one with the diagnosis! If that’s what they told you then stick with whatever you wish to. I know that in recent times, they’ve moved away from Asperger’s what with the whole Nazi thing. 

I've never heard this and after a Google search I think I've a ton of reading before Backlash tonight to be doing so that's always a good thing. 

Always willing to learn and understand a little more about why I'm better than everyone else 😉

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The food certainly adds to it!

The positives of remembering every recipe and flavour combo I encounter pal, makes me a savage for making better. 

I'm currently trying to cook full vegan out of work so I can make a menu ready to roll out at a cafe at home because its something not done there and the creativity and profit potential make me excited.