Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Was meant to see Dropkick Murphys with The Interrupters supporting but that’s no more. But if Godspeed You! Black Emperor gets canned I think I will cry. 

taylor swift GIF
Postponed until September. Two fucking  weeks away it was!

I was meant to be seeing Henry Rollins next month in Nottingham but the entire tour has been cancelled and not rescheduled.

Not surprised at the cancellation per se but I am surprised at how late they left it seem as the tour was supposed to begin  in Berlin tomorrow 

Im not holding out much hope that I’ll be seeing Gojira or Ghost when I’m supposed to

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

My parents in law got us tickets for Ross Noble a couple of Christmases ago, and it’s been postponed so many times I’ve lost track of whether it’s even happening or not. The latest date given was next Saturday and it’s listed there on the theatre’s website, but there’s no ticket buying option like all their other shows and it still just says postponed. I’m not sure whether it’s easier to just go next week and see if it’s on even if it’s not, or not bother and miss it even if it is.

4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My parents in law got us tickets for Ross Noble a couple of Christmases ago, and it’s been postponed so many times I’ve lost track of whether it’s even happening or not. The latest date given was next Saturday and it’s listed there on the theatre’s website, but there’s no ticket buying option like all their other shows and it still just says postponed. I’m not sure whether it’s easier to just go next week and see if it’s on even if it’s not, or not bother and miss it even if it is.

Why not just contact the theatre and ask them?

40 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My parents in law got us tickets for Ross Noble a couple of Christmases ago, and it’s been postponed so many times

I've got a similar situation with Jon Richardson.

Was due to see him in late 2020 and the current rearranged date is February 2023.

Also holding onto tickets for an outdoor comedy gala thing in Southport postponed from last summer to this.

Music wise, not much to at the moment. Outcasts in Blackpool & Talisman in Preston, both in March next up.

• Paid Members

I'm a little reluctant to rush out and buy Beck tickets. I'm sure they're available, but even with it being in June I'm not ruling out the possibility that it won't happen. 

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I just saw that Cosey Fanni Tutti is playing a set in Coventry Cathedral on March 4th as part of the City of Culture event. I instantly grabbed a ticket.

The whole of Deliaphonic looks brilliant. Going to try and come down for some of it. 

• Paid Members

Anyone going to Bloodstock this year?

I'm in two minds. It’s an awesome line up but the whole anti-trans etc controversy has left a massive sour taste in my mouth. 
If they didn’t market themselves as a festival that’s welcoming of everyone it wouldn’t feel like such a slap in the face.

9 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

Anyone going to Bloodstock this year?

I'm in two minds. It’s an awesome line up but the whole anti-trans etc controversy has left a massive sour taste in my mouth. 
If they didn’t market themselves as a festival that’s welcoming of everyone it wouldn’t feel like such a slap in the face.

They’ve booked bands with convicted murders and alleged nonces in past years, they’ll get past Vicky being a social media idiot once enough time has past. It all depends on where you draw the line in terms of your own morals 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’ve booked bands with convicted murders and alleged nonces in past years, they’ll get past Vicky being a social media idiot once enough time has past. It all depends on where you draw the line in terms of your own morals 

I think I’m just gonna pray that my favourite bands do some dates in the UK outside of the festival. 

5 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

I think I’m just gonna pray that my favourite bands do some dates in the UK outside of the festival. 

Anyone in particular you’re hoping to see?

Dont for a second think that I was judging you, if you want to go that’s your choice. I’ve been in years were they’ve had dodgy acts play. Didn’t watch the nonce one and wasn’t aware that the murder was in the band prior to the show