Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Was meant to see Dropkick Murphys with The Interrupters supporting but that’s no more. But if Godspeed You! Black Emperor gets canned I think I will cry. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Was meant to see Dropkick Murphys with The Interrupters supporting but that’s no more. But if Godspeed You! Black Emperor gets canned I think I will cry. 

I've only recently discovered Godspeed You! black Emperor. Would love to see them. When is it? 

Posted
14 minutes ago, Philo_Vance said:

I've only recently discovered Godspeed You! black Emperor. Would love to see them. When is it? 

Next month. They’re doing three dates in London, one in Brizzle, one in Manchester, and the one that’s attracting all the A List celebs is the gig in Coventry. 

Posted
2 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Because none of the artists have left their basements in the last 2 years?

Plus it's odds on that there's some frostnazi Covid deniers.

Posted

I'm really tempted to go to see Carpenter Brut November next year and Perturbator is playing the week after. I just don't want to book this far ahead for a gig if I don't have a scooby what's going to be happening in 12 months time.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Was meant to see Dropkick Murphys with The Interrupters supporting but that’s no more. 

Ahhh shit really? ?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Ahhh shit really? ?

Yeah, what a night that would’ve been! The kind of bill where you’d pay for both bands! They’re both on at Slam Dunk next year so I doubt they’ll reschedule now. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

So I went to some small festival thing last year and won tickets to another they run, just need to buy a pitch for my van.

However I have no idea who 2 of the 3 named bands are (Spock's beard & tangerine dream).

Anyone know anything about what they are like live? It's not my kind of music but if it's a good atmosphere I'm down for a weekend with some aging hippies.

Posted

How are Tangerine Dream even playing? I thought the only constant member had died a few years back.

They have a reputation of being one of the greatest live electronic acts, they infamously played a set in Coventry Cathedral which you can find on YouTube and I'd check that out.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Spock's Beard are at the more radio-friendly end of prog rock. Pure cheese, but probably good fun live.

@Merzbow - the longest standing current member of Tangerine Dream joined in 2005!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...