Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Got a few lined up. Rob Vincent, The Las, Jack Savoretti and Kate Nash twice, one of which was meant to be last year. Well in, Covid. Big thanks from me and the now-expired restraining order.

  • Members
Posted
9 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

However they haven't done it in years but haters gonna hate 

Karaoke singer defends use of backing tape shock horror.

I don't mind BMTH, I've even seen them live (well, I've heard a backing tape live) and I've seen plenty of my favourite rappers simply rap over their own tracks live, so it's not that deep.

You don't have to go to bat for your favourite bands every time someone makes a joke.

@WyattSheepMask I've never seen Metallica live (or at least that I remember) but I remember one year at Reading my mate Rich coming back to the tents in tears at how bad he sounded. I on the other hand had just seen The Music instead, who were superb.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

 

@WyattSheepMask I've never seen Metallica live (or at least that I remember) but I remember one year at Reading my mate Rich coming back to the tents in tears at how bad he sounded. I on the other hand had just seen The Music instead, who were superb.

Ah, 2003 when they were headlining Leeds/Reading just after St Anger had come out. I don’t remember anything of Metallica’s performance (they headlined again in 2008 which I remember much more) but like you can say that The Music were fucking great, such an underrated group. 

EDIT:

I might be misremembering that actually as being the 2008 festival as The Music had just released Strength In Numbers beforehand.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

BMTH most definitely still use backing tracks. 

You’d be surprised how many do. Some are more subtle than others though. Even Blink 182 play to a backing track of a second guitar for some songs. 

It’s mainly used for things you can’t replicate easily on stage like orchestral or synth sounds but like BMTH, a lot more are using them for their vocals. I know Ghost and Behemoth do. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I remember seeing Bring Me The Horizon at Brixton academy years ago and they had a backing track. Mostly noticeable when the mic stopped working and Oli Sykes looking embarrassed for those few seconds which seemed like a long time for everyone in the building. But there’s no way these days they’re not gonna use one, well not for some of their older songs at least. 

As for Metallica, I’ve seen them a few times live and enjoyed them every time. But as their one of my favourite bands, I’m probably blind (or deaf) to anything bad about James Hetfields vocals. I know he’s not as good as he once was, but I still enjoy it anyway. 

  • Members
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

As for Metallica, I’ve seen them a few times live and enjoyed them every time. But as their one of my favourite bands, I’m probably blind (or deaf) to anything bad about James Hetfields vocals. I know he’s not as good as he once was, but I still enjoy it anyway. 

It depends on what you enjoy and what you want to take away from a gig isn't it?

If I went to see Beyonce or Adele for example and they sounded shit, I'd probably be a bit miffed as their main strength is their vocals, and whilst I enjoy their songs, I'm really wanting to see how great they sound live.

One of my favourite bands are Iron Chic, a very straightforward gruff, modern punk band with 'gang'  vocal choruses. Jason the singer can barely sing ON record, let alone live, and everyone knows this, but that doesn't stop their gigs being incredibly energetic with the crowd mostly doing the singing. Everyone has a great communal experience and goes home happy. Again, depends on what you go to gigs for and what you want to take away from them.

Edited by SuperBacon
Posted
3 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Kunt used to use a shitty little "cheapest one from Argos" mp3 player ("because at some point some cunt's gonna nick it"), so the news that he's now progressed to using actual modern technology really does warm the soul.

He still has the Jade Goody mask for the backing vocals. At this rate it’ll be a hologram in ten years. 

  • Moderators
Posted
3 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

for Metallica, I’ve seen them a few times live and enjoyed them every time. But as their one of my favourite bands, I’m probably blind (or deaf) to anything bad about James Hetfields vocals. I know he’s not as good as he once was, but I still enjoy it anyway

I've seen metallica multiple times over the years. I've never had a problem with how the vocals sound even though obviously his voice has changed over the years. However the last time I saw them they didn't sound as tight instrumentally and that to me was pretty disappointing. 

 

Like bacon says, it depends what you're there for / expecting. 

Posted
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Karaoke singer defends use of backing tape shock horror.

 

I'm not a karaoke singer I'm actually in a band have been for the past 12 months mate and the last solo show I did do 3 weeks ago was a sold out show which was around 170 people mate so while you might get a quick giggle or high fives off people on this forum I know I'm doing very fucking well with my career and every bit of time/passion/energy I do put in pays off and gets me recognized and noticed by the right people in my industry. 

So you make your snide little comments and think your hilarious but please try to get your facts straight when you do try

  • Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm not a karaoke singer I'm actually in a band have been for the past 12 months mate and the last solo show I did do 3 weeks ago was a sold out show which was around 170 people mate so while you might get a quick giggle or high fives off people on this forum I know I'm doing very fucking well with my career and every bit of time/passion/energy I do put in pays off and gets me recognized and noticed by the right people in my industry. 

So you make your snide little comments and think your hilarious but please try to get your facts straight when you do try

Fucking hell. Last time I make a joke on here (some of you will be pleased to know)

Enjoy your gig pal and good luck with your career. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

a sold out show which was around 170 people

You're doing better than Chubby Brown if nothing else. 

Edited by Tommy!
Posted
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

so while you might get a quick giggle or high fives off people on this forum

Ugh, I hate this. The people who do this must be tragically lonely and lead a completely unfulfilled life. The validation they need from internet strangers is quite pitiful really. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...