Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Napalm Death are playing there next March too, but tickets haven’t gone on sale for that yet.

Cheers for the heads up on Sepultura and Sick Of It All though, needless to say I went and booked tickets immediately. If the town has finally got a venue that can attract that’s level of act it means a lot less cross-country trips for me. Raging Speedhorn supporting the Sepultura show too, that’s going to be a great night out

great to have a venue open close to home.

Sepultura are great live. One of the most underrated metal bands around for me, I know lots of people wrote them off post-Max but they are still great.

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Sepultura are great live. One of the most underrated metal bands around for me, I know lots of people wrote them off post-Max but they are still great.

I think we spoke about it at the time, but when they played at Bloodstock in 2015 that seemed to really open a lot of people’s eyes as to how good they actually are. I know they’d played the festival three years earlier, but that day in particular they really seemed to click. Eloy was giving it socks on the kit, and Derrick’s presence was off the charts that day. I often think back to that set as being one of the best I’ve seen, it all came together.

They had a bit of a dodgy run post-Max, I don’t think many would argue that and while there are plenty that do like it I don’t think I’ll ever get along with ‘Roorback’, but they found their feet eventually and have put out some really goods records over the last few years, and Derrick Green has really come into his own as a frontman

• Paid Members

yeah that was an amazing set, each time ive seen with Derrick though they've been great. Do agree on them finding their feet but I think they've consistently put out interesting records, they have their own unique sound now....and Eloy Casagrande on the drums, what a monster.

• Paid Members

Looks like I'm off to Slam Dunk: Leeds! I'll be catching the train at 6am, chucking my bags in at the hotel desk, and then fucking off to see bands who will more than likely be cancelled for incredibly dodgy shit within the next five years.

I'm a bit wary to be honest after I caught COVID from a Funeral For A Friend gig in March, so I'll be hanging back for the most part (and besides I want quick access to the bar/toilets).

Sketching out my day, I think I'll be seeing The Bronx, Hot Water Music, Cancer Bats, Hot Mulligan,  Amity Affliction, The Used, Dropkick Murphys, Spanish Love Songs and then Sum 41 as the main event. Quite looking forward to seeing Sum 41 and The Used, as they both cancelled their 2010 Download slots AFTER I had bought a ticket to see them and I was gutted, so it'll be great to finally see them live.

• Paid Members

only went too Slam Dunk in Leeds once but it's a good crack. The set up is really good there, I spent most of the day with the older folk down on the Punk in Drublic stage.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That's great to hear! Last time I was at Slam Dunk:Leeds it was when they were set-up in and around the University. It was a good time except for the end when someone stole my phone and wallet during Reel Big Fish, so naturally I've not gone back to Leeds since then.

Just now, Egg Shen said:

I saw the dates, the Bristol venue they are playing is tiny, hopefully i'll get down to it.

Very small venue in Glasgow as well and ticket was only about £20. Lovely stuff.

On a semi-related note, I quite fancy going down to Manchester for the Converge/Chelsea Wolfe Bloodmoon show. 

A typical Merzbow gig but Nocturnal Emissions are playing next month, I didn't even know they were still going and it's only a tenner. I've got a couple of Japanese psychedelic gigs before that too, a 16 quid for the two deal.

I was tempted to see Mgla as I haven't seen any black metal in years but apparently they're very close friends with a pedo frost Nazi... Typical.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

On a semi-related note, I quite fancy going down to Manchester for the Converge/Chelsea Wolfe Bloodmoon show. 

last time i saw Converge was 18 years ago 😱