• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Thought Phillips and Rice were too

They have been a revelation this tournament, work incredibly well together. To think #2CDMs and #SouthgateOut were trending after the Croatia line-up was announced.

If everyone on Twitter had their way, England would've had Graelish, Foden, Graelish, Sancho, Kane, Sterling, Mount, Saka, Gazza, Graelish and Geoff Hurst in the starting XI. Garth-errific!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Absolutely not. Members of the current England squad are a more effective opposition than the current Labour party. Most of them come from underprivileged and multi-cultural backgrounds.  

It is a bit, unfortunately. We've already seen that cunt BORIS posing on his giant flag trying to get aboard the bandwagon. There'll be a huge economic boost from the success that they'll jump on too. 

7 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Pray for the Tories who vowed not to watch England while they kneeled. 

Imagine being such a big flag shagger but not being able to watch your team in an international final because of your own made up racist code.

In a similar vein, this is incredible kayfabe protecting from the bald ArsenalFanTV man, that won't celebrate Kanes goals. You HAVE to admire this level of pettiness.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

They have been a revelation this tournament, work incredibly well together. To think #2CDMs and #SouthgateOut were trending after the Croatia line-up was announced.

If everyone on Twitter had their way, England would've had Graelish, Foden, Graelish, Sancho, Kane, Sterling, Mount, Saka, Gazza, Graelish and Geoff Hurst in the starting XI. Garth-errific!

Must admit, even as an avid watcher of English football I’d have struggled to pick Phillips out a crowd before this tournament. Up there with Sterling as your MVP so far. Him, Rice and Mount have clicked so well. 

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Pray for the Tories who vowed not to watch England while they kneeled. 

Imagine being such a big flag shagger but not being able to watch your team in an international final because of your own made up racist code.

Kier Starmer even called one of them out today on it in his opening statement of PMQ’s.

I honestly feel England have a chance. Italy last night looked beatable, if we play similar to how we did tonight. But to echo others, it’s the first time my daughter has been really interested in Football, it’s what all her class mates are talking about. It’s easy for us to be cynical about England for lots of reasons, but this is so exciting for a new generation. National football is the WWE to club football’ AEW.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It is a bit, unfortunately. We've already seen that cunt BORIS posing on his giant flag trying to get aboard the bandwagon. There'll be a huge economic boost from the success that they'll jump on too. 

Funnily enough I saw something about that on Newsnight tonight. The GDP rises sharply after successful runs in tournaments. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Surely that's the case whatever party is in power?

Yeah I assume it would be. Just wondering if it would be used as political capital by the incumbent party though. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Yeah I assume it would be. Just wondering if it would be used as political capital by the incumbent party though. 

If course it will be. 

I so hope that Italy win in the final. The conservative party will use an England win as a vehicle for Brexit saying that we are champions of Europe and we don't need to be in the EU. A lot of jingostic flag shaggers when England isn't solely the UK. Scotland voted to remain in the EU. I'm hopeful if England do win and the bad winner of over the top gloating and ugly English nationalism rears its head it will help bolster more people to be for Scottish independence.

7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Denmark were great for an hour tonight. What they've done in the tournament, to watch a mate almost die, lose the first two games and then go on a run to the semis and give England a chasing for 60 mins is incredible. Schmeichel was outstanding, if anyone didn't deserve to lose, it was him. Incredible support after full time too. I've always liked them, even more so now.

Schmeichel has been immense all tournament and for a good while in general. 

Two things that have come up recently in discussion that I cant really argue with, 

1. He's better than his dad

2. He's the best keeper in the world right now. (Martinez, Donnarumma?) 

Back to last night, still grinning from ear to ear. Cant actually believe England have made a major final.  

Ps Matterface can totally get in the sea. 

• Paid Members

Someone on here coined the name “Stresshead Pickford” and that’s all I could think about last night, I get nervous when the ball is near him. But he’s only conceded one goal the whole tournament so what do I know!

I really hope our good fortune can just hold on for one more game. We’ve had the Muller miss when we played Germany and the penalty last night - one more thing like that on Sunday would be very much appreciated. I’m trying to not get too excited but the thought of England lifting a major trophy in my lifetime is keeping me up at night at the moment.