• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Obviously I'll defend him to the hilt (and criticise when hes shit) but are you seriously suggesting he didn't play well tonight?

He did well tonight, hold up play was very good. He was sublime at winning free kicks too. 

Imagine Calum Wilson leading the England line though...

• Paid Members

It would be nice if they did win, but the hideous jingoism off the back of it could be a nightmare, as would the possible return of that entitled attitude of "We've proved we can win tournaments now, so we're going to win them all forever." Plus Johnson is going to try and spin it all as a triumph of Brexit etc.

• Paid Members

I and a workchum have conversed many times about the awfulness of Dancing on Ice commentator Matterface being chosen over Tyldesley. It frustrates because ITV’s coverage is certainly better than it was, but Lee Dixon often waffles senseless bollocks. Danny Murphy is no better on the other side . It’s like the Beeb thought ‘people aren’t enjoying Mark Lawrenson, let’s get a cheaper younger version of him.’

Edited by marc2j

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Obviously I'll defend him to the hilt (and criticise when hes shit) but are you seriously suggesting he didn't play well tonight?

He was alright tonight, definitely the best I’ve seen of him this tournament (missed the Ukraine game) but I’d still be looking for more from the captain and supposed best striker in the world.  He’s a very lucky Tory that Schmeichel tried to gather it instead of palming it to fook because it was a shocker of a penalty. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My bad. Didn’t realise there were no Scottish people who lived outside of Scotland. Like the poster commenting about the ITV coverage who is Scottish.

I watched on STV player. I said ITV as I have always thought the two channels are interchangeable, with them calling it STV in Scotland for marketing purposes or something. In any way, I assumed it was the same broadcast but it seems a strange thing to care about. 

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He did well tonight, hold up play was very good. He was sublime at winning free kicks too. 

Imagine Calum Wilson leading the England line though...

He was fucking immense. I'll admit he was anonymous for large parts of the group stage, but he was great tonight.

Thought Phillips and Rice were too. They must be knackered.

Stop whinging. Why is everybody whinging and worrying about things and Boris Johnson?  Absolutely absurd.  Not every fan who supports England is entitled. A lot of people who want them to win have young kids who enjoy watching it with them. It’s been enjoyable watching them progress, they seem like a decent bunch. Bunch of miserable whiny fuckers. Get back on Twitter. 

34 minutes ago, deathrey said:

If England win, do you reckon we might get a bank holiday out of it?

Wouldn’t be surprised as Johnson will do all he can to associate himself with it and make out he helped. Speaking of Johnson…

• Paid Members

Pray for the Tories who vowed not to watch England while they kneeled. 

Imagine being such a big flag shagger but not being able to watch your team in an international final because of your own made up racist code.

4 minutes ago, Mr Lawrence said:

Stop whinging. Why is everybody whinging and worrying about things and Boris Johnson?  Absolutely absurd.  Not every fan who supports England is entitled. A lot of people who want them to win have young kids who enjoy watching it with them. It’s been enjoyable watching them progress, they seem like a decent bunch. Bunch of miserable whiny fuckers. Get back on Twitter. 

This. My kids want England to win it. Seeing my 8yo in her England shirt (1998 edition bitches) and celebrating is fantastic. Seeing my friends who have followed England home and away for years and have been involved in things like friendlies against opposing fans in Russia, setting up kit and boot exchanges in Brazil, and loads other things be happy is fantastic. 

This is for them, and everyone else that deserves it. I like seeing good people be happy. The manager is a good lad and so is the squad. They deserve it.

If you start to think about people lagging on and using it for their own means, you'd go mental. Of course the fucking nob in charge of the country will talk about it and use it as a rallying cry for his own benefit. Fuck him. Ignore the cunt.

I think @johnnyboysaid it best the other day when he said "it's as much mine as it is theirs". That's incredibly true. Every club and nation has its bell ends. Just cos they get to celebrate too doesnt mean you shouldn't.

Personally I'm just enjoying Kane's last tournament as a Spurs player. Clutching and straws, but I really don't care.

• Paid Members

Denmark were great for an hour tonight. What they've done in the tournament, to watch a mate almost die, lose the first two games and then go on a run to the semis and give England a chasing for 60 mins is incredible. Schmeichel was outstanding, if anyone didn't deserve to lose, it was him. Incredible support after full time too. I've always liked them, even more so now.