• Paid Members

I can't decide whether tonight's Spain Italy game will be thrilling end to end stuff with loads of goals or two sides scared to commit men forward for fear of the counter attack and ends up going to penalties after 120 goalless minutes. 

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I can't decide whether tonight's Spain Italy game will be thrilling end to end stuff with loads of goals or two sides scared to commit men forward for fear of the counter attack and ends up going to penalties after 120 goalless minutes. 

Have you watched either side play? It’s going to be a Keith Houchen masterclass in shithousery and defensive football.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Have you watched either side play? It’s going to be a Keith Houchen masterclass in shithousery and defensive football.

It’s the hope that kills you. Knowing my luck it’ll be a 4-3 thriller. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Fuck sakes, is this stupid tournament still going on?!

Yeah, but it'll end either tomorrow or on Sunday... 

Roy Keane must have been frothing at the mouth watching that coin toss for the penalties, with Chiellini hugging off Alba like he was coming up on a pill for the first time. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely cracking match that. Ran to the pub next door to watch the second half of extra time and penalties (didn't want the potential penalties spoiled by cheers as my iplayer stream is a couple of minutes delayed), and saw some spectacular scenes ranging from an 80+ year old man walk up to the TV, scream and brandish a dramatic middle finger, to a woman run around the pub with an Italian tricolour to being hugged by strangers, to being asked to confirm that I'm definitely supporting Denmark tomorrow. Got back to the flat in time to watch the penalties again, along with post-game analysis on iPlayer, just to be annoyed that the pundits seem to think they've already automatically beaten the Danes tomorrow. I certainly hope that Denmark do the business tomorrow and get England well and truly humbled. 

Speaking of the Danes, truly loved this from Kasper the friendly Ghoalkeeper. 

Denmark tomorrow then and failing that, here's hoping the Azzurri give the crumpet eaters a painful, deflating trip back to Earth. Forza!

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members

@SpiritOfTheForestit doesn't surprise me that the pundits have immediately written Denmark off. They'll give England some problems in the semi final I'd imagine. They seem to be quite defensively minded. Italy will just shitarse around in the final though, whoever they end up playing. It'll be nick a goal and run the clock down, which they're so good at doing. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Absolutely cracking match that. Ran to the pub next door to watch the second half of extra time and penalties (didn't want the potential penalties spoiled by cheers as my iplayer stream is a couple of minutes delayed), and saw some spectacular scenes ranging from an 80+ year old man walk up to the TV, scream and brandish a dramatic middle finger, to a woman run around the pub with an Italian tricolour to being hugged by strangers, to being asked to confirm that I'm definitely supporting Denmark tomorrow. Got back to the pub in time to watch the penalties again, along with post-game analysis on iPlayer, just to be annoyed that the pundits seem to think they've already automatically beaten the Danes tomorrow. I certainly hope that Denmark do the business tomorrow and get England well and truly humbled. 

Speaking of the Danes, truly loved this from Kasper the friendly Ghoalkeeper. 

Denmark tomorrow then and failing that, here's hoping the Azzurri give the crumpet eaters a painful, deflating trip back to Earth. Forza!

You’re  as witty as an episode of Take the High Road.

The winning penalty was a shocker for the keeper. What was he doing? Any ideas on when the last penalty shootout occurred where the opening penalties were both missed?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch