• Paid Members
10 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

it also looks like no England fans will be in Rome on Saturday because of travel restrictions which is disappointing

Unless you're a Roman.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I don't think I'm exaggerating to say that the Welsh team has as strong or a stronger bond with its fanbase than most nations, and there isn't a tendency to turn on the team no matter what's happening on the pitch. The players missed the red wall and there was massive frustration back home, with some having hardly missed a match in decades.

As an Ireland fan who travels to watch a lot of away games, I definitely get this. Had we qualified, I think there would have been similar feelings among our fanbase, and I can 100% imagine how frustrating and how much of a disadvantage it would be to be without those supporters there. 

Also, after some lovely interactions in France in 2016 and the warm welcome we got from Welsh fans in Cardiff whenever we've been playing there, I would definitely agree regarding the friendliness of the Welsh fans. 

11 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

it also looks like no England fans will be in Rome on Saturday because of travel restrictions which is disappointing

Not to worry. My step brother Davide, who before the tournament told me in his wonderful Italian/broken English that England are "always the fucking shit men" will be there cheering on our brave Marxists. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, mim731 said:

As an Ireland fan who travels to watch a lot of away games, I definitely get this. Had we qualified, I think there would have been similar feelings among our fanbase, and I can 100% imagine how frustrating and how much of a disadvantage it would be to be without those supporters there. 

Also, after some lovely interactions in France in 2016 and the warm welcome we got from Welsh fans in Cardiff whenever we've been playing there, I would definitely agree regarding the friendliness of the Welsh fans. 

I'm holding out some hope for Estonia away in October, we'll see... I need to reach that elusive 30th Wales Away cap!

• Paid Members

Yeah, I said to my friend I'd hate to take a penalty against Unai Simon with his dancing about. It makes him harder to commit and decide where he's going to dive I'm sure, but it's really fucking off-putting for the taker.

Penalties are easy, you decide where you’re putting it before you even get to the ball then glance at the opposite corner when you place the ball down. I had a 100% success rate with this method, it wasn’t until a shit Panenka that I missed a penalty. Obviously it’s harder for ‘keepers but my stay in the middle and give the taker the ‘come get some’ gesture and he always hits it straight at you, especially if he’s Messi* 

*This may be largely based on FIFA.

5 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Having Belgium in a sweepstake is absolute shite. You start to believe and then remember just how much they choke time and time again.

Think yourself lucky. I got Belgium in my own sweepstake that I've organised, and already spent the money out of my PayPal :)

Now I have to put £70 back in there ffs. Waffle cunts.

That Italian team is special. They've got the best manager at the tournament and the squad is almost perfectly balanced. Mancini clearly understands the pool of players he has to choose from very well and he's created one of the most entertaining teams for years. Barella is immense: he is going to be the next top class midfielder.

The togetherness they've got is insane as well. I'll eat my hat if they don't win the whole thing.