• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Number 1 in the world ranked Belgium?

Yeah I reckon they might just be a little bit confident.

People keep mentioning the rankings re: Belgium but they’re basically meaningless if you don’t actually win anything. Belgium are in danger of remaining the over-hyped midcarders they are, like Portugal were before they won in 2016 after coming 3rd in their group and beating almost nobody in 90 minutes.

9 minutes ago, air_raid said:

People keep mentioning the rankings re: Belgium but they’re basically meaningless if you don’t actually win anything. Belgium are in danger of remaining the over-hyped midcarders they are, like Portugal were before they won in 2016 after coming 3rd in their group and beating almost nobody in 90 minutes.

All fart and nee shite they are 

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I've been to a couple over the past few years and they aren't like normal football matches I've attended. They're really family-friendly occasions. Barely any chanting, loads of kids with their parents. Absolutely ideal for me as I take my kids. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking to take their family. For those wanting an old school terrace experience, you'll hate it. 

I think you get the stereotypical 'Ingerland' fans at major tournaments mostly, perhaps big away qualifiers too.

Opposite experience for me. 

I took my Son to see them play Czech Republic in 2008. It's the most unsafe I've felt at a football game. We left not long after the start of the second half when the group of lads in front of us really started getting lairy, and then one just started projectile vomiting. 

Completely put me off ever going again. Not that it mattered as I'd pretty much lost interest in international football, and England in general, not long after. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Portugal were before they won in 2016 after coming 3rd in their group and beating almost nobody in 90 minutes.

Wales. That was the only team they beat in regulation.

And now that it's history, Belgium aren't in immediate danger of that.

Chuffed for the Czechs. They look a proper unit and had the Dutch attack totally sussed out. Soucek played a blinder and Schick is the real deal. Curious how far they'll go now, because Denmark in the quarters is a very winnable game, with the winner of England/Germany to follow. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Chuffed for the Czechs. They look a proper unit and had the Dutch attack totally sussed out. Soucek played a blinder and Schick is the real deal. Curious how far they'll go now, because Denmark in the quarters is a very winnable game, with the winner of England/Germany to follow. 

I fancy Sweden from that quarter, personally.

26 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I fancy Sweden from that quarter, personally.

Yeah, sort of jumped the gun a little bit there. It's coming home, et cetera. 

Do you really fancy Sweden? I know they're a bunch of handsome lads and all, but I don't see them getting that far. 

• Paid Members

I took my son to the Croatia game in the Nations League the other year. We sat in the family end, primarily to take advantage of the cheap tickets and it was a cracking experience to be fair. I will note that we were relatively close to the small amount of Croatia fans who were absolutely RABID. Which if anything, only made me enjoy it more. 

Whilst on the subject, it does annoy me massively that the England tickets for Euros are gated by the 'supporters club' process, which involves a £75 sign up, then the ticket price themselves. 

• Paid Members

What a brilliant watch that game was. Full credit to Simon for recovering from that ridiculous own goal to go on to give a solid performance for the rest of the game, including making some crucial saves. For a team that couldn't score, Spain have now scored 10 in the last 2 games. 

Scotland would have pissed them, obviously. 

• Paid Members

@marc2j We probably sat in the same seats as you, just behind the goal? Unless you were the other side of the away fans. But yes I forgot to mention that we were right next to the Czech fans last time I went (well, there is a small section blocked off to separate the groups). The England and Czech fans were swapping flags and applauding each other at the end, everyone was in great spirits. 

Edited by PunkStep