1 hour ago, David said:

It makes zero sense. A quick embrace after the game means isolation, yet Andy Robertson had a video up on social media of him and Gilmour playing table tennis. Now, they may never have been less than a metre next to each other, but still. 

It wasn't 15 seconds, I'm pretty sure the statement from the FA said they were together for 25 minutes. I assume this would've been after the game and is pretty poor for both sides that players can mix with another bubble so easily. As for the rules as to why the Scotland squad aren't isolating, I assume this is down to a public health Scotland decision (as Chilwell and Mount have to isolate due to PHE saying so).

25 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

It wasn't 15 seconds, I'm pretty sure the statement from the FA said they were together for 25 minutes. I assume this would've been after the game and is pretty poor for both sides that players can mix with another bubble so easily. As for the rules as to why the Scotland squad aren't isolating, I assume this is down to a public health Scotland decision (as Chilwell and Mount have to isolate due to PHE saying so).

I may be showing my lack of knowledge on the ~Science~ here, but how would Gilmour contract Covid if he was operating in a bubble?

• Paid Members

If Scotland, from somewhere, can find someone who can score a goal or two, they've got a decent team there. Lots of good service tonight (McGinn had a superb tournament) but you ain't getting anywhere with Adams and Dykes as your main strikers.

That was pathetic. Armstrong is dreadful, Turnbull or Fraser should have started above him and he stayed on for 70 minutes despite being gash. McKenna ahead of Cooper, Jesus. What's with the boner for Dykes, he's half rate? 

Clarke played for a draw in all 3 matches, even when a win was needed. Qualifying through penalty shoot outs against Serbia and Israel really covers up the the pish you see. 

Ah; the pishy taste of Scottish International football disappointment. Twenty three long years.

Seriously though, there were chances in all three games. Scotland have good young players coming through.

Still, five goals lost at home and a single point from three games is far from good enough.

• Paid Members

I really wish Leigh Griffiths had got himself in a decent shape. He's a natural finisher when at his best (and we all know what his free kicks can do). But he wasn't  and he's the perfect guy to bring on when chasing a goal. 

It's not often I find myself agreeing with Devon but he's bang on when he says we have all the makings of a decent team but sorely lacking a consistent goal scorer up front. Where that player comes from, I have no idea. Gilmour was definitely a big miss as Armstrong didn't bring much at all and I'm sure he would have brought more. Great midfield, amazing to have Tierney and Robertson in the same team but our problem is obviously that we have a blunt edge. I don't know the updated stats but before a ball was kicked tonight we were actually the team with the most shots on goal in this group. Tonight was our first and only goal. 

Cazzo. 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest