• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Didn't he just. A Wales player was booked later for a cynical foul, with Savage excusing it with "he did try really hard".

“Wales can still be proud” he insisted, right after Bale was booked for being a prick. At 2-0 and 11 men they could have been but during that final collapse of defensive and professional discipline, Savage went full Gunshow.

• Moderators

Anyway, wales have qualified for three international tournaments now. Left the group stage from all three. 

I couldn't even imagine being not qualification from the group stage. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

C’mon Holland.

I wasn’t impressed with the Danish booing etc today tbh, and quite frankly would quite like them to be smashed in the next round.

Y Wal Goch couldn't go. Which has really done us down, but we've travelled more than any other team, as Y Wal Goch is pretty much our lifeblood (you're Wales Away so you know, Gaz). And we've missed the Wales Away crowd. 

End of the day, we're a tiny country, and we punch above our weight. Long may it continue. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Austria didn't half make Italy work for it last night. Would have been a real shock if the goal in normal time had been allowed. Belgium & Portugal probably fancy their chances now. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Austria didn't half make Italy work for it last night. Would have been a real shock if the goal in normal time had been allowed. Belgium & Portugal probably fancy their chances now. 

Number 1 in the world ranked Belgium?

Yeah I reckon they might just be a little bit confident.

• Paid Members

Has anyone ever been to an England game?

I only bring it up as it's something Adam McKola mentioned recently, that when he attended he felt he didn't fit in, and it struck a chord.

I saw England play Spain off the park with Chris Powell marking prime Mendieta out the game for 45 minutes at Villa Park for Eriksson's first game and both me and my old man got an overwhelming urge that we didn't fit into the crowd dynamic that was there that day. Just something about it all.

Anyone else experienced this?

I felt more at ease amongst Brazilians and Swedes during the Umbro Cup game in 96.

• Paid Members

I've been to a couple over the past few years and they aren't like normal football matches I've attended. They're really family-friendly occasions. Barely any chanting, loads of kids with their parents. Absolutely ideal for me as I take my kids. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking to take their family. For those wanting an old school terrace experience, you'll hate it. 

I think you get the stereotypical 'Ingerland' fans at major tournaments mostly, perhaps big away qualifiers too.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I've been to a couple over the past few years and they aren't like normal football matches I've attended. They're really family-friendly occasions. Barely any chanting, loads of kids with their parents. Absolutely ideal for me as I take my kids. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking to take their family. For those wanting an old school terrace experience, you'll hate it. 

I think you get the stereotypical 'Ingerland' fans at major tournaments mostly, perhaps big away qualifiers too.

I think I was in the thick of 'that lot' the bleeding trumpets were about 12 feet behind us and the IRA chants were in full flow throughout. 

Maybe the England on tour aspect brought the dickheads out.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, neil said:

Getting excited for football coming home empty in a couple days.

greater-england1.jpg

"Dejected England fan Kevin, decorated with nazi tattoos, commented that '...the fucking Krauts robbed us again didn't they?'"

https://youtu.be/3uwdu0FCUyA