• Paid Members

Fuck me, what a game. I instinctively screamed and banged the table so loudly for the disallowed Swiss equaliser, and then again for the actual one. 

Mbappe has had a right shit tournament, with that penalty miss being the steaming turd on a massive cack cake.

That touch from Benzema for his first goal though...crikey.

I love football so much. 

• Paid Members

They were some cracking games yesterday, or at least they had some good highlights. I suppose I'd better do my "patriotic" duty and watch the England game today. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

That was the best evening of football ever. The Euros have really taken off, watch Southgate's flaccid, joyless England side bring crashing down to earth tonight. 

Even Zlatan-less Sweden have been more entertaining than England. Typical England - possibly the most likeable set of players they've ever had (Mings and Tory Kane aside) and Southgate's got them serving up thrill-less drivel. Bring back Keegan.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

That was the best evening of football ever. The Euros have really taken off, watch Southgate's flaccid, joyless England side bring crashing down to earth tonight. 

Bollocks to going through a game like that when the result matters! One off Sterling's arse and then defend for 70 minutes please.

Yesterday's games were great. Reminded me of the 1990 FA Cup semi-finals. That's still the best day of TV football I've ever seen. Liverpool v Palace was supposedly a foregone conclusion after the 9-0 earlier in the season but Palace turned them over 4-3 after extra time in a game that went 0-1, 2-1, 2-3, 4-3 and then United and Oldham drew 3-3 in a corking tie. The final that year was the best one I've seen too, though the replay stunk.

That was a sensational evening of football. Mad that Spain and Croatia now seems like an afterthought given what followed it. Then second half was an incredible game for the neutral (insert Switzerland joke) Pogba was sensational and Xhaka decided to have one of his 3 good games a season.

You just knew who was missing the penalty though.

Big game for England this evening. I hope he's brave and plays Saka/Grealish but I do fear the caution will take over. Which is fine, I'm not against him keeping it tight and then making positive changes, I just think it would be nice to see some intent from the start. Anyway, tournament is certainly opening up

Saw someone say that Mbappe taking the last penalty wasnt fair, he's "just a kid". That's 22yo World Cup winning (and final scoring) top 5 player on the planet, highly capped Kylian Mbappe. OK pal.

France bringing on Sissoko in the dying seconds and then having to play half an hour with him was just glorious. An unserious team.

Only annoyance from yesterday was that OG being accredited to Pedri. That's the goalies goal, he gave it that lovely deft touch and everything. 

Thought this was worth a share too. Hayes is fantastic. Azpilikeeta indeed. Good old London girl.

• Paid Members

It wasn't even that Mbappe missed, it was a heck of a save from the Swiss keeper. If Mbappe had spooned it over the top of the stand into the car park then yeah, there'd be some cause for ridicule, but the keeper had his number from the off and made a cracking save. 

19 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It wasn't even that Mbappe missed, it was a heck of a save from the Swiss keeper. If Mbappe had spooned it over the top of the stand into the car park then yeah, there'd be some cause for ridicule, but the keeper had his number from the off and made a cracking save. 

It was, but it was a good height for him. I suppose most missed penalties if not all are somewhat bad as no player should really miss one.

• Paid Members

Really glad France are out, mainly for Pogba doing a bellend celebration. He posed like a bellend, then his teammates mobbed him and I assumed it was over. We had crowd shots and a replay and he was still doing bellend dances, I thought it was never going to end. Ref should have booked him and said to piss off back to his own half so the game could re-start.

3 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Anyone still waiting for football to come home needs an intervention. I don’t know know whether it will be the Germans or the round after but someone with some gusto is going to rip them apart.

43 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Really glad France are out, mainly for Pogba doing a bellend celebration. He posed like a bellend, then his teammates mobbed him and I assumed it was over. We had crowd shots and a replay and he was still doing bellend dances, I thought it was never going to end. Ref should have booked him and said to piss off back to his own half so the game could re-start.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

bellend dances, 

Perfect term for it. I've always hated seeing this kind of celebration. Smacks of complete disrespect to the opposition and makes any team doing it look like annoying wee fannies. 

Although, those last 2 words in my previous sentence probably make it more than obvious who I'll be supporting today in the first game. On the pitch, I'm expecting a drab, dull, lifeless affair like all of England's matches have been so far but as long as it's England going home, I'm not too bothered.