24 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Think yourself lucky. I got Belgium in my own sweepstake that I've organised, and already spent the money out of my PayPal :)

Now I have to put £70 back in there ffs. Waffle cunts.

Arthur Fowler over here.

• Paid Members

Having lived in both Italy and Spain over the last 2 years, I'm agonised over this Spain - Italy but I suspect I'm going to have to lean Italy given I have a tenner on them for 9/1 to win the whole tournament! Either way, I hope whoever wins absolutely smashes England, and, so it doesn't get that far, really hoping Ukraine smash the English tomorrow and get them back in their box. I really hate the constant arrogance about how England are portrayed, even going back to the previous tie when Sweden and Ukraine were playing "for the right to play England". Absolutely fuck off with that sort of entitlement. Yes, I'm a Scotland fan, but in terms of population we're one of the wee teams but I remember Iceland in 2016 and there's nothing more delicious than watching the big bully walk into the playground and act the big man only for the little man he hits to send him packing. I think I, and everybody who isn't English, is hoping Ukraine can do similar tomorrow. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I think I, and everybody who isn't English, is hoping Ukraine can do similar tomorrow. 

Some of us who are English are hoping for that too. But I lose at everything (referendums, elections, life) so I'm not holding out much hope, especially with the semi and final being home matches.

2 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Either way, I hope whoever wins absolutely smashes England, and, so it doesn't get that far, really hoping Ukraine smash the English tomorrow and get them back in their box. 

Put your dummy back in, soft cock. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Having Belgium in a sweepstake is absolute shite. You start to believe and then remember just how much they choke time and time again.

Yeah but they’re “the best team in the world” according to tHe rAnkiNgsz!?

• Paid Members

They've got a reasonably easy run to the final with Ukraine and Denmark or the Czech Republic again, but that Italy side are such a unit and have had such a good run that it's tough to see past them. Spain are getting started, and will possibly give them a stern test in the semis. 

I kind of wish England would win something because maybe it'd stop people from getting whipped into this wildly nationalistic franzy every time a major tournament comes along, but at the same time i also worry that if they were to win something it'd get even worse, especially with Johnson's flagwanking all over social media. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

They're number 1 until they're number 2, that's how it works.

Obviously. But it means absolutely fuck all.

• Paid Members

That's a heck of a result to have at this time in the tournament. It kind of further demonstrates why letting third placed teams into the knockouts isn't the best of ideas, but it's a heck of a performance nonetheless. Denmark will be organised at the back. I'd imagine they'll try and keep things narrow to keep the wingers out of the game. It's certainly making for an exciting finale.