3 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Turn it in your miserable man! We were just enjoying the moment. A reason to smile after a horrid 18 months. I was in picadilly circus, everyone was so happy, buzzing and it was great to see, one of the best nights I have had. 

Firstly, not a man. Secondly, not miserable. Thirdly, celebrate if they actually win a cup not just a match. Fourthly, my experience of the human flag brigade as a non-white Britain has not been positive and contributes to me supporting Italy rather than England in international tournaments.

43 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Firstly, not a man. Secondly, not miserable. Thirdly, celebrate if they actually win a cup not just a match. Fourthly, my experience of the human flag brigade as a non-white Britain has not been positive and contributes to me supporting Italy rather than England in international tournaments.

Put your dummy back in soft cock 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, deathrey said:

This. I don't begrudge England doing well in a tournament. This is their best chance to win something in a good long while and they're hitting their stride at the right time, but I'm a quarter Hungarian and like to follow Hungary if they make it to a tournament. I'd love to have one of their shirts, or a t-shirt but am also terrified of what a certain set of fans might do if I did wear one outside. 

I'm terrified of what kind of stupid nationalistic frenzy Johnson would whip them into if England do win, it'd be good to win the euros as maybe it'd be a big cathartic moment and the frenzy would calm down going forward, but not with Flagwanker General Don't Call Him running the country. 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'd love to have one of their shirts, or a t-shirt but am also terrified of what a certain set of fans might do if I did wear one outside. 

99.999999% of people wouldn't give a flying fuck. I have never been set upon by a group of England fans for wearing a Cameroon shirt for instance.

When Italy have played I've gone for a jog in their shirt, Spain the same, Germany the same. No one bats an eyelid. Few dog walkers have given it the eye rolls but in a jokey way.

Wear your goulash shirt proudly my friend.

• Paid Members

Anyone who comments about non wanting to support England for racism concerns shouldn’t be holding up Italy or Spain as a better example. I’ve got friends who have gone to see Juve and Barcelona at home and heard racist chants at the former and monkey noises at the latter.

However, the use of the St George Flag being used for racist political movements is disgraceful. On a side note, why are the Tories allowed to use the Union Jack in their logo? No wonder they are flag shaggers.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'd love to have one of their shirts, or a t-shirt but am also terrified of what a certain set of fans might do if I did wear one outside. 

Nothing would happen, don't worry. I hate the stigma of England fans and flag shaggers, but nobody is going to set on you for wearing a Hungary kit. I've worn a France shirt many, MANY times without issue- and 'Ingerland' fans hate the French. Well, they hate everyone but they especially hate the French, the Germans and 'poxy, dirty, cheating Argies'- as fuelled by The S*n. You'll be absolutely fine.

14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Anyone who comments about non wanting to support England for racism concerns shouldn’t be holding up Italy or Spain as a better example. I’ve got friends who have gone to see Juve and Barcelona at home and heard racist chants at the former and monkey noises at the latter.

However, the use of the St George Flag being used for racist political movements is disgraceful. On a side note, why are the Tories allowed to use the Union Jack in their logo? No wonder they are flag shaggers.

If I'm going to try and find a racism free country to support, I'm afraid I will have to give up on football completely.

My decision is based on my experience only. I've found Italy fans to be very warm and welcoming and my experience with England fans has not been the same. No Italy, Spain or Germany fan has ever chased me from Leeds Millenium Square to the train station hurling racist abuse at me, England fans have. It's not likely many other people have shared this same experience so the fact it feeds in to my decision (not the sole reason) makes total sense to me.

Edited by deathrey

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

On a side note, why are the Tories allowed to use the Union Jack in their logo?

Why wouldn’t they be allowed? 

This is an interesting thread about that photo Downing St were keen to put out. 

I remember once I was in Cov city centre wearing a Cov shirt. England had won on that day and a group on inebriated gentlemen started talking to me, we talked about the game and how happy it made them, it was really nice. They said they were off to find some Kosovans to beat up and asked if I’d like to join them. Unfortunately I had already made plans and had to decline the invitation. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

As a not proud Welshman (national pride is for flagshaggers) 

Pffft, Welshman? Flint is nearly as English (Well, Scouse) as Rhyl! Not like us fine soft cocked rural types. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, deathrey said:

You witty bastard.

What's the female version of a soft cock? As one of the only three women who still post on here (I think there's only you, choccygirl and Pat) you get free reign to choose. 

Edited by PowerButchi

6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

What's the female version of a soft cock? As one of the only three women who still post on here (I think there's only you, choccygirl and Pat) you get free reign to choose. 

There's Monkee too. Hmmm I'm really not sure. Maybe flappy vagina? I guess flappy fanny has a better ring to it?