The more I think about it, the more massive the opportunity seems to get tonight for that England team. I've sort of forgotten about where it is weirdly, as the occasion has IMO overshadowed the venue.

I was 11 when Euro 96 happened and was lucky enough to go to every game (bar Spain), and for every fan (especially the young ones) going tonight and then potentially a major tournament final at home is something that happens so rarely, and could be so special.

I remember every single detail of that 96 game against Germany, and it evokes such special memories for me of a time in my life that wasn't always so happy. So I hope all the kids going tonight (and watching at home) have a cracking time, and hopefully get to then see their team play at home in a final. Could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

My two have got bang into it, and have enjoyed watching it so much that the youngest has decided she wants her summer holiday camp thing to be the football one.

I am over the moon about that, and can only hope that the Womens Euros in England next year can further spark their enthusiasm when we hopefully go to some games. 

Here's to another semi final cracker.

4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

It's not good patter and it's really not a good look for anyone to be using that term.

Crumpet eaters is naff but at least not offensive.

Quite right. They're filthy fucking terms because of a word they include, and some of the tastemakers repeating it here really should know better. Proof positive that the hysteria of an international football tourny can turn many a good fella into a moron. 

• Paid Members

I was keeping an eye on things through the BBC sports app and somebody compared this England side to the Greece side of 2004. Is that fair? 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, deathrey said:

Wow.

That’s sarcasm. It’s because a) He did some trash talking in the pre match presser and b) England Fans want England to win and he’s the biggest hurdle (and was their man of the match).

FOOTBALL BANTZ INIT

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Kindly fuck off you miserable cunt.

All in good humour, chum. I'm annoyed but here's hoping the Italians get the job done on Sunday because if football does "come home" as some people claim, then I might not. That ITV coverage was unbearable enough, fuck knows what the media in general's going to be like tomorrow.