• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Luke Shaw master class in the Stadio Olimpico. I hope he writes "That was for you Jose you cunt" on the toilet wall before he leaves.

People have been waxing lyrical of Grealish's little cameos, but Shaw has been just as instrumental on that side in each of Greasy's efforts. He's been one of our players of the tourney.

14 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I kind of wish England would win something because maybe it'd stop people from getting whipped into this wildly nationalistic franzy every time a major tournament comes along, but at the same time i also worry that if they were to win something it'd get even worse, especially with Johnson's flagwanking all over social media. 

At0PMYsCIAAPAyS.jpg

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It kind of further demonstrates why letting third placed teams into the knockouts isn't the best of ideas,

cristiano-ronaldo2.jpg?width=982&height=

35 minutes ago, deathrey said:

The human flags were out in force here last night. Letting off fireworks. It's only the quarter finals.

There were fireworks here last night too, but I assume it was from the large American community here for 4th of July (Yes I know it was the 3rd!) rather than for England beating Ukraine.

But then people probably want to celebrate after a pretty shitty year and a bit so who knows? I live 20 seconds from a pub and everyone was singing all night and there was miraculously no trouble (there often is) so I think people are just happy to have a reason to be happy, if that makes sense? (It doesn't)

This is good work. 

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

The human flags were out in force here last night. Letting off fireworks. It's only the quarter finals.

Turn it in your miserable man! We were just enjoying the moment. A reason to smile after a horrid 18 months. I was in picadilly circus, everyone was so happy, buzzing and it was great to see, one of the best nights I have had. 

• Paid Members

I really like the England team. I like that they seem to stand for everything that a typical fan hates. I like that Rashford wants to feed hungry kids, that Sterling calls out the S*n, that Kane wears a rainbow armband in solidarity with Neuer in the Germany match, that Henderson was wearing rainbow laces last night, and that they take the knee before every single match, and that Southgate just seems aware of his role as England manager, as an almost statesman.

I like the fact that they are together, they play well and that they might win the Euros. 

On the topic of taking a knee, it pisses me off that there are teams that won't do it and with shitty cop out reasons. They'll release some statement saying 'we're against discrimination' whilst not doing that simple gesture. There's some who say they won't because it's wrapped up with supporting BLM as an organisation which is a cop out. Why does the act of taking a knee rile some fans up so much? The sound of people booing players taking a knee against racism drives home, as if it's not already obvious, that there's a huge problem and hopefully makes some put two and two together and question their stance.

And UEFA - 'we oppose discrimination in all forms, celebrate diversity, etc etc' but actually we don't want someone wearing a fucking rainbow armband. Then the Allianz is blocked from lighting up in rainbow colours against Hungary. Which one is it? If they're trying to be 'politically neutral' about it then don't bother giving the whole opposing discrimination bollocks. They backed down from the rainbow armband as their 'investigation' deemed that it's a "symbol of diversity and thus a good cause". As in the same rainbow that would have lit up the Allianz Arena...

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

I really like the England team. I like that they seem to stand for everything that a typical fan hates. I like that Rashford wants to feed hungry kids, that Sterling calls out the S*n, that Kane wears a rainbow armband in solidarity with Neuer in the Germany match, that Henderson was wearing rainbow laces last night, and that they take the knee before every single match, and that Southgate just seems aware of his role as England manager, as an almost statesman.

I like the fact that they are together, they play well and that they might win the Euros. 

That’s the frustration; they do seem like a genuinely decent gang. Henderson seems to be the soundest bloke in football and it’s refreshing to see a team who really care for each other. That tweet doing the rounds the other day of Sterling giving the ball away nearly costing a goal, only for his team-mates to go straight over and get his head up shows their unity.

Can’t possibly get behind who/what they represent, but it’s no reflection of the players themselves. Good luck to them.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

I like to think the spirit of Jurgen’s nice boys has spread to that England team. As a not proud Welshman (national pride is for flagshaggers) I’m not arsed about them winning it. They by far have the best group of players left and Southgate has managed to meld them in to a functioning unit. It’s not total football but it works at this level. This is their best chance at winning something in decades and for me the only thing stopping them is an Italy team that is capable of shithousing with the best of them. Should be a fascinating final if they both progress.