• Moderators
5 hours ago, Bettencourt said:

Ach! What’s football without the needle?

I still haven’t forgiven the leek munchers for beating us 4-0 in 04 and 3-0 in 09 and that was a couple of friendlies!

Amazed that we beat you like that to this day in 04, even Gareth Taylor got in on it. 

Not quite revenge for someone puking all over my brand new Beckenbauer's at the XS in Cumbernauld in 03 though. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He thought booting Berkovic in the mush should’ve just resulted in a talking to. 

Hartson was hard but fair, especially on the training ground. 

And he also knocked fuck out of Bobby Gould once which gets him extra points 

• Paid Members

In fairness, there was an identical tackle to that Ampadu in the National League play off final this afternoon that was only a yellow. The refs have been outstanding in this tournament, that's the first one I thought was a bit OTT.

• Paid Members

While we're on the subject of blaming UEFA...look at the state of this:

It's twenty fucking twenty-one. DFB have since confirmed UEFA are no longer reviewing this, no doubt due to the backlash on social media. There shouldn't have been a fucking review in the first place. You have to wonder whether some of their sponsors were upset by it (Qatar Airways comes to mind) and forced a review. 

Bring back the European Super League, I say.

• Moderators

Can't wait to watch Scotland vs Croatia. 

Only wondering what will be ugliest. Leigh Griffiths sitting on his sofa eating doritos looking like a cross between Art Garfunkel and Simon Weston, the damage to the local conurbation after the game after an inevitable loss, or the ruined innocence covered up as Big Jock Knew. 

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Not with a 5 day minium quarantine upon arrival 😩

If we leave tomorrow! That's a fine result for us though, we played several of our second string players in that fucking awful 343 false nine that Page likes when he doesn't start Moore and we kept the best team in the tournament (granted, they made 8 changes themselves) to one nil. It would have been worth taking HRK just for games like this to play as a stronger proper 9.

Touch wood, I'm hoping for the Quarters as we've nothing to fear from Finland and Russia. Denmark tend to fuck us though

Edited by PowerButchi

9 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

If we leave tomorrow! That's a fine result for us though, we played several of our second string players in that fucking awful 343 false nine that Page likes when he doesn't start Moore and we kept the best team in the tournament (granted, they made 8 changes themselves) to one nil. It would have been worth taking HRK just for games like this to play as a stronger proper 9.

Touch wood, I'm hoping for the Quarters as we've nothing to fear from Finland and Russia. Denmark tend to fuck us though

Totally agree i think HRK would have been perfect for this game and in other matches to even come on later as a sub to offer us something different too, 

• Paid Members

That's Billy Gilmour out of tomorrow after testing positive for Covid. For. Fuck's. Sake. 

After earning almost universal plaudits (with the exception of the ITV commentary team apparently) for his performance against England, that's a huge blow on the eve of one of our biggest games for 20 plus years. Classic Scotland. Hopefully there's no more to come. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

That's Billy Gilmour out of tomorrow after testing positive for Covid. For. Fuck's. Sake. 

After earning almost universal plaudits (with the exception of the ITV commentary team apparently) for his performance against England, that's a huge blow on the eve of one of our biggest games for 20 plus years. Classic Scotland. Hopefully there's no more to come. 

Just seen Mount and Chilwell are having to self-isolate too now.