• Paid Members

Failing some kind of abject collapse against what I imagine will be a second string Italian team and a Swiss miracle that's Wales as good as through, isn't it? They work hard hopefully they go further. I don't know whether this sounds like misplaced patriotism but I reckon if England can make it past whichever side from Group F they encounter in the knockouts there'd only really Italy and Belgium that anybody would be concerned about meeting? Although this is England we're talking about, so I'm not entirely ruling out that they'd end up coming unstuck against North Macedonia or Finland. The strategy appears to be "let them get knackered playing high tempo attacking football and then we can have a go". Denmark Belgium could be fun today, depending on how Denmark and doing after Saturday. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

that's Wales as good as through, isn't it?

Oh for sure. They have picked up 4 points already, last time anyone with 4 points went through and a couple with only 3 points also made it through (including fucking Portugal, with their three draws and end up winning the tournament). 4 of of the 6 3rd place teams progressing means they are all but through. 

Ladbrookes are offering an England - Scotland  Halftime/Fulltime odds of 80/1.

Reason I am punting on that is in 2002 William Hill put 66/1 on Argentina vs England 1 - 0 with Beckham scoring.

I talked a mate who, to this day this is the only bet he has placed (lottery included).

He put £25 on. I got pished and misjudged what time the game started.

My mate offered to give me £250, to which I told him to fuck off.

Waited nineteen years to avenge what was my fault.

Game of the tournament so far there for me. Other than Ronnie Whelan on the RTE commentary bleating "Sure there's no need for this. He's alright now. Play the football" when the game stopped for the Erikson tribute on the 10 minute mark, the septic. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well I'm supporting Scotland now.

The people who did both those videos deserve a raise.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Thought 16/24 teams qualifying was ridiculous but the Copa this year has 8/10 teams going through to the next round. Only the bottom team in each group are eliminated. 

It's been shit as well. I'm struggling watching soulless empty-stadium matches again after being spoiled by matches with fans at the Euros.

They might as well just say to Bolivia and Venezuela or Peru 'sit this one out, lads' and have an 8 team knockout.

17 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It's been shit as well. I'm struggling watching soulless empty-stadium matches again after being spoiled by matches with fans at the Euros.

They might as well just say to Bolivia and Venezuela or Peru 'sit this one out, lads' and have an 8 team knockout.

Glad to hear it's not just me then. I've managed to crank up the interest ever so slightly by watching some of the games with South American commentary, which adds a bit of excitement (and the customary "Gooooooooooool" whenever the ball hits the net) but by fuck is it dull without supporters. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, David said:

by watching some of the games with South American commentary

That must help to be fair, because the commentator on BBC iPlayer is the dullest I think I've ever heard. He reminds me of Andy Quilden commentating on BritWres DVDs years ago. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Those 10pm games help me to get to sleep though.