• Paid Members

Really enjoyed North Macedonia v Austria yesterday, it was basically attack v defence but I really hoped the Macedonians could hang on for the draw. Great to see Goran Pandev finally grace a major tournament, even at the age of 37.

Thought we were a bit lucky to get a draw on Saturday, and was a combination of us not playing to our best and the Swiss being better than I gave them credit for. Hell of a thing when our keeper hasn't played a league game for four years and the bloke who provided the assist can't even get into Luton's first team.

Fucking love Nic Parry (of Reslo fame) on commentary, and I bet the only one working on the tournament whose day job is a crown court judge.

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Bollocks.

Well taken goal.

Note to all:  this is the epitome of the kind of garbage post we're talking about when we say 'no live chat' and why the rule exists.

Zero tolerance* on any more in this thread going forward. So don't do it unless you want to be suspended for the rest of the tournament.

* it might not actually be zero tolerance, but don't be a dick and don't do it please.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Now that the final whistle has blown:

Bollocks. 

Happy just to be there above all but that was disappointing. We were desperately unlucky and couldn't seem to get the right bounce of the ball while every deflection off the Czechs seemed to land well for them. That second goal though.....Jeeeeeeeesus. Especially coming shortly after we hit the bar. Not entirely sure what the hell Marshall was doing so far off his line. Depressingly, this was realistically the match we had to take something from to have a chance of going through. Despite all this, again, I'm happy just to be here but we got it somewhat wrong today.

In conclusion; bollocks. 

Scotland were abject. The BBC put no expense into their coverage either - just a couple of tables on a balcony and pundits that no-one would recognise saying not to expect anything from them this tournament because they are shit and have no right to be there.  

• Paid Members

I don't think they were abject at all, some poor finishing really cost them though.

Otherwise they looked pretty lively but the Czechs played it to a tee, smash and grab in ever sense really.

Scotland remind me of Wales, a few top-level talisman players but with the squad packed full of second tier journeymen.

Edited by garynysmon

So Marshall, what the fuck was he doing at the centre circle. 

O'Donnell, did he collect 5 crisp packets and get a Scotland cap? 

Dykes, couldn't finish a fun size Mars bar. Guy has made a career out of bullying Jullien on a crappy plastic pitch. 

The team selection was abysmal, Forrest and Adams should have started. Anybody from Gilmour, Turnbull or McGregor should have started ahead of Armstrong. 

And whose pet has crawled up and died on Shelly Kerr's head?

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

At 0-0, Scotland looked every bit the equal to the Czechs. At 1-0, they started to get more and more desperate and after THAT second goal, they seemed to just make poor choice after poor choice. The thing is, if luck had gone their way, it would have been a very different result I feel as the Czechs were very vulnerable at times.

I was really hoping for a score draw, as now England face a wounded Scotland. Never ideal.

1 minute ago, marc2j said:

At 0-0, Scotland looked every bit the equal to the Czechs. At 1-0, they started to get more and more desperate and after THAT second goal, they seemed to just make poor choice after poor choice. The thing is, if luck had gone their way, it would have been a very different result I feel as the Czechs were very vulnerable at times.

I was really hoping for a score draw, as now England face a wounded Scotland. Never ideal.

Czech Republic were there to be taken, I can easily see Scotland getting 0 points now, maybe a lucky draw. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Scotland were abject. The BBC put no expense into their coverage either - just a couple of tables on a balcony and pundits that no-one would recognise saying not to expect anything from them this tournament because they are shit and have no right to be there.  

You'd think they were under some kind of Anglo-centric mandate to try and make the Scots out to be second rate or something. Did BBC Scotland have slightly more positive coverage?