• Paid Members
Just now, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Where's the feed coming from? Its it a worldwide thing or the BBC? I want to know who made the call to cut to a close shot of the lad as he lay there eyes open obviously in danger. Fucking disgusting.

Poor lad. Praying for him. Terrifying.

It'll be a world feed, but the BBC absolutely should have cut from it long, long before they did. 

1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Where's the feed coming from? Its it a worldwide thing or the BBC? I want to know who made the call to cut to a close shot of the lad as he lay there eyes open obviously in danger. Fucking disgusting.

Poor lad. Praying for him. Terrifying.

I would imagine that the footage at the stadium is a feed that goes out Worldwide, but there must have been someone running the BBC show that could’ve made the call to go back to the studio.

I know that’s easy for me to say as I’m not in that position, but something like that happens, you get it off the screen asap

9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I would imagine that the footage at the stadium is a feed that goes out Worldwide, but there must have been someone running the BBC show that could’ve made the call to go back to the studio.

I know that’s easy for me to say as I’m not in that position, but something like that happens, you get it off the screen asap

Danish TV had cut away from the game practically before he hit the floor. The world feed is at the hand of the directors at the game which was abysmal but the BBC and other providers had the power to drop the feed if they wanted.

• Paid Members

"

"UPDATE: Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen was conscious and raised his hand when he was carried from the field"

From a news company called BNO on Twitter so take from that what you will. Also saw a photo of him sitting up looking at the camera with his hand on his head so fingers crossed all of this trickling information is legit and he's had a near miss. 

Actually feel a bit shaken after watching that.

• Paid Members

Christ. That was one of the hardest things I've ever watched! You don't expect to settle in to watch a football match and see a player collapse and get given CPR on live TV. I was in tears watching it! 

It's so good to see he is stable now.