• Paid Members

James Lawrence is already out and has been replaced with Lockyer, with is probably an upgrade if anything though.

Woefully short up front if something happens to big Kieffer Moore though, I have no time for this false 9 bollocks. Should have taken Hal Robson-Kanu for his versatility and Cruyff turns.

Edited by garynysmon

Can't believe that the whole of the country has been whinging about a fucking RIGHT BACK for the last week. Absolute state of this country.

The England squad contains one Spurs player. Wales is full* of the fuckers. I am officially embracing my Uncle Ivors heritage and fully backing them. Go on Gaz Baz.

Speaking of Wales, the Guardian write ups (which are decent) have reached Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/01/euro-2020-team-guides-part-4-wales

ITV have some nice stuff on their hub as well previewing the tournament. Nothing groundbreaking, but a decent half hour watch.

https://www.itv.com/hub/euro-preview-shows/7a0126

• Paid Members

I was getting all hyped because I remembered Hungary had qualified, and I like to follow them at the Euros/World Cup if they manage to qualify, then I remembered they'd managed to end up in the group of death. No Euros for me, thanks. 

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was getting all hyped because I remembered Hungary had qualified, and I like to follow them at the Euros/World Cup if they manage to qualify, then I remembered they'd managed to end up in the group of death. No Euros for me, thanks. 

Lost their best player to injury as well, but they will be stubborn and hard to beat, and tournaments always throw up surprises. 

Something that has fucked me off beyond reason (and it doesn't massively belong here so slight apologies): I was doing some adminy things today so just needed some background noise so popped on those BBC iplayer podcast things with Lineker, Shearer and Michah Richards.

Now, I am absolutely sure that Micah Richard is a lovely guy, but he is by far the worst pundit I have ever come across.

Within a couple of minutes, he had admitted that he couldn't name 3 of the Greece 2004 team* (neither could I at a push, but then I'm not paid to by one of the biggest broadcasters in the world).

He then admitted he didn't know what the 'dentist chair' incident was. He asked what was Platini like, what was Van Basten like. He asked what the fucking golden goal was.

I was (I've had a fag and calmed down and realised this is all very minor bollocks) fuming. A great number (myself included) would love to chat shit about football and get paid for it, and this absolute fucking clown can't even do some rudimentary research on teams/moments/tournaments that he is actively presenting on. Complete shitshow of a pundit.

Funny laugh though eh?

Erm, back on track, got Portugal in the football group sweepstake so there's always that. Actually, bit late in the day but if 23 other people want to do one from here, then I'm happy to organise. But will need 23 others unless people want doubles. PM if interested.

*100% Houchen can name the whole squad.

I got Hungary and Czech Rep in the two sweeps I’m in. I’m hopeful that the Czech’s will channel the spirits of Karel Poborsky and Paddy Berger in an effort to catch the eye of serial Czech lover David Moyes. I’m less hopeful of Hungary.

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Was Richards even born when Platini finished playing?  He might have been out of the infants when MVB hung them up.

He was born in 1988, MVB retired in 1993 but that's no excuse is it? You're being paid (well) to be an expert on football and are working on shows about the Euros. It's not hard to do some research on these things. Completely lowest common denominator punditry.

It really pisses me off.

Edit: @TheBurningRedno I don't think so, but yeah that was the worst idea.

Edited by SuperBacon

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Not to really defend him because I haven't heard it, but surely he's there for his insight into playing rather than historical knowledge? Otherwise you'd just hire a load of stattos. 

The shows are on the best of the euros: goals, players, teams etc.

I absolutely have time for him talking about his insight playing, that's interesting to me, but to sit there and go "What's the golden goal?", "I couldn't name 3 of the Greece team that won the Euros, LOL!"....fuck that.

@johnnyboy I just think hes being fucking lazy to be honest. 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

There's some kind of snarky aside about him struggling because Richard Dunne isn't there to carry him I feel like I should be making... 

• Paid Members

Nikopolidis (the silver haired goalkeeper), Charisteas, Karagounis, Stelios Giannakopolis. They are the only members of the 2004 Greek team I could name, and I'm not 100% that the middle two were from that side. I'd recognise others when mentioned, but fuck me what a terrible uninspiring side they were. Gutted the Czechs didn't win it that year. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Nikopolidis (the silver haired goalkeeper), Charisteas, Karagounis, Stelios Giannakopolis.

Those four and Dellas are the only ones I remember. And only remember Dellas because he was the silver goal scorer.

I got Latvia in a draw down the local club and because they came bottom of the group I won my pound back plus a fiver cos they were so shit.