3 minutes ago, David said:

More importantly, who has a Panini sticker book for this event? 

You , I'm guessing? :)

My 8yo did make noises about it before I worked out how much it could potentially cost and as someone who has anxiety around half finished "projects" it was quickly abandoned.

She can have some shirts for her collection instead.

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You , I'm guessing? :)

You'd be right. As a grown up I can now flex those financial muscles that young David couldn't, and finally buy football stickers by the box instead of by the packet.

Living the dream and all that.

• Paid Members

I have two. Both were given to me by relatives, so that's both kids sorted. Won't get close to completing them. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

As a grown up I can now flex those financial muscles that young David couldn't, and finally buy football stickers by the box instead of by the packet.

Are you going to buy one for your cleaner and finish their collection for them too?

Edited by PunkStep

1 hour ago, David said:

You'd be right. As a grown up I can now flex those financial muscles that young David couldn't, and finally buy football stickers by the box instead of by the packet.

Living the dream and all that.

Reminds me of when the Premier League ones would come out at the start of January (my birthday is the 5th) so young SuperBacon would rock up to school with two full boxes, leaving the other kids eating my (shiny badge) dust.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I know I'll be fucking furious during the group stages after once upon a time having a follow your team ticket and flights to Azerbaijan and Italy all in bag for the original staging of the tournament.

One or two mad bastards I know are still flying to Baku but realistically I couldn't face all the hassle involved with international travel to an amber country (let alone one bordering fucking Iran which was boring the last time I went), so holding out hope that we make it as far as at least one Wembley game.

Honestly, England fans are jammy bastards for having what is essentially a home tournament for them. Euro 2016 in France this ain't :(

I travelled to Euro 2016 with the expectation of singing the anthem at a major tournament and hoping that I'd see us score a goal, yet we reached the semis. But can't see lightning striking twice (hope I'm wrong!).

If we get out of the group, I think we'll do really well. Our second string beat Mexico, and we got a great result against the Czech Republic. We lost against Belgium, but Belgium were probably happy to beat us for a change. 

If Allen, Ramsey, Brooks, Ampadu, and Bale all stay fit there is no reason we can't shock the world again. Especially with Keiffer Moore up front who's had a great season. Jan Koller without a rapists touch. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

No Ramos in the Spain squad! I assume Keith won't even watch any of it now.

Edit: Top stat.

I love the fact that they rushed through Spanish citizenship for a Frenchman to replace him too. Wonderful.

Not a single Real player picked by former Barca boss Enrique! He even picked Eric Garcia, with his 6 league appearances this season. It gets better, he could've picked 26 players for the squad and decided to only take 24! This is wonderful shithousery.

Oyarzabel and Pedri are ones to watch. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

That ITV lineup isn't that bad actually. They have some decent coups there with Neville and Wright, Aluko is also decent and Roy Keane has his fans I suppose. Could do without Cuntley Cunt and Sounness (he's blatantly picked the France games, hasn't he?) though. I've heard Emma Hayes is a decent pundit. 

Don't recognise two of the other three (the ones that aren't Robert Earnshaw).