1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Note to all:  this is the epitome of the kind of garbage post we're talking about when we say 'no live chat' and why the rule exists.

Zero tolerance* on any more in this thread going forward. So don't do it unless you want to be suspended for the rest of the tournament.

* it might not actually be zero tolerance, but don't be a dick and don't do it please.

Genuine apologies. Sorry

• Paid Members

McCoist and Tyldesley have been the only good commentary pairing so far. I hate Robbie Savage so much that I hope Wales get knocked out so I don't have to listen to as much of the twat.

I caught ten minutes and the highlight was the talismanic McTominay steamrollering in to the box and twatting in to a Czech player then appealing for a penalty. I like McTominay but when your best players are two left backs and a functional midfielder you’re always going to struggle for goals.

In seven World Cups and three European Championships Scotlsnd have won a single opening game. This was in 1982 when the goals lost in a 5 2 victory came back to bite us on the ass.

I am proud of that performance. Obviously the chances missed are frustrating but we were up against a great keeper and their second goal was insane.

As an eternal optimist I still think a win against England is possible.

In my last post I meant Che Adams. He always looks strong.

• Paid Members

A stroke of good fortune plays a huge part. I thought Scotland today were better than Wales were against Switzerland, yet Wales will qualify if they beat Turkey (I don't expect them to) whereas even if the Scots get a big win out of their last two games, they're probably out. 

Anyway, at least they are there, not like Northern Ireland. We're doing the football equivalent of going to a strip club. We can look, but we can't touch. 

• Paid Members

Neither the commentators nor the folk in the studio mentioned David Marshall for fault for that second goal and instead all seemed to pile on Jack Hendry. Yes, it was naïve as fuck for him to take a shot for 35 yards and nothing but bodies in front of him but the broadcasts I was watching didn't seem to question what the hell David Marshall was doing almost at the centre circle for seemingly no reason. No need to be up there at all. I suspect that given the (rightful) praise he's had since becoming the (rightful) Saint David of Belgrade, the commentary teams were loathe to criticise him for being hopelessly and needlessly out of position, but he was definitely at fault for that one I reckon. Had he stayed on his line, nothing comes of it. 

34 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Neither the commentators nor the folk in the studio mentioned David Marshall for fault for that second goal and instead all seemed to pile on Jack Hendry. Yes, it was naïve as fuck for him to take a shot for 35 yards and nothing but bodies in front of him but the broadcasts I was watching didn't seem to question what the hell David Marshall was doing almost at the centre circle for seemingly no reason. No need to be up there at all. I suspect that given the (rightful) praise he's had since becoming the (rightful) Saint David of Belgrade, the commentary teams were loathe to criticise him for being hopelessly and needlessly out of position, but he was definitely at fault for that one I reckon. Had he stayed on his line, nothing comes of it. 

I agree but only to an extent.

If Marshall had stayed even five yards further back then he would have been able to push the shot away.

Hendry had fuck all reason to go for the shot. As modern football is so fast the, inevitable,  deflection was going to cause problems whereas Shick was risking fuck all.

Edited by Hugh Thesz
Being a fucking idiot. Twice in a day.

36 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Marshall has not had a good match since then, usually at fault for a goal a game. I'd play Gordon in front of him. 

As a Celtic fan I am 100% convinced that if he hadn't been buscuit tinned out of the door then the teams collapse would have not happened.

No taking away from Rangers deserved success but it would not have been as easy if Craig Gordon, who is a better keeper than Bain, Russian Dude and Hazard, had been there.

So as much as I like Marshall, Gordon is still an incredible goalkeeper but if he had been in the place Marshall (in my opinion) should have been then would he been able to run as fast?

Mate, your point about McGregor rings true as well.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

McCoist

McCoist is fantastic. He LOVES everything, dishing out more positive superlatives than Dave Meltzer dishes out snowflakes at a Tokyo Dome show. So refreshing to hear than the misery from most co-commentators.