8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've seen a lot of piss being boiled over the penalty, so here's a reminder that the words 'soft' and 'stonewall' don't appear in the laws of the game.

Stonewall doesn’t (and it’s always used incorrectly) but soft does. 

When a big decision has a bearing on the result of a game, the rest of it becomes micro-analysed and every decision is poured over in long-winded detail.  Indeed, in a tournament setting, previous games are then brought up in an attempt to show that 'these things do even themselves out'. For me, the one consistent theme of this England team is that there is an in-built cynicism to their play that comes straight from the captain. Joking aside about Italian cheating, it's hilarious that the poster boy for England 2021 has a complete aversion to staying on his feet (albeit intentional) after stereotypes about Mediterranean and South American teams have permeated the coverage of every international tournament since the dawn of time.

5 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

For me, the one consistent theme of this England team is that there is an in-built cynicism to their play that comes straight from the captain. Joking aside about Italian cheating, it's hilarious that the poster boy for England 2021 has a complete aversion to staying on his feet (albeit intentional)

spacer.png

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

So when Starmer gets the sack, it will get worse?

Well Labour might then win something after an horrendous humiliation

Well done England. Getting to the final itself  feels like a weight lifted, much like the penalty shoot out win in 2018. Its a psychological knocking down of things that have haunted the teams for years. Italy will be a massive test. They're an intimidating bunch full of character. Will be a fascinating game.

The laser pen doesn't bother me, what should be more focused on was the plebs who booed the Danish National anthem. There's a section of England fans who will always continue to be fucking prats.

Edited by Factotum

25 minutes ago, Factotum said:

the plebs who booed the Danish National anthem. There's a section of England fans who will always continue to be fucking prats.

Not saying its right or wrong, but this happened for as long as I remember (and to the English anthem too when abroad)  so I have no idea why it's been picked up on so much during this tournament. I blame some of those The Athletic journalists who have never been to a game before.

Same as booing opposition players when they're in possession. Obviously it dissipates after a while as no one can be arsed to boo for 90 minutes, but it's not a new thing is it?

The Danes booed the Welsh players coming out of the tunnel the other week. So what?