32 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

While Italy and France may have great music, 80,000 Welsh signing Land of our fathers at full voice is much much better. Flower of Scotland is a lot more atmospheric too.

Without meaning to upset Chest, that’s because they celebrate places and not people, which goes back to my point about English people hearing a posh voice and becoming subservient. 
I think the best option is to adopt the Chile anthem and have Zamorano lead the singing. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, stewdogg said:

God save the queen is the anthem of GB and NI, just because other nations have chosen to sing a different national anthem that doesn't make it the fault of the English.

It does if they know the other nations are singing different anthems, and they're choosing to stick with the UK's national anthem. They could at least respond in the same spirit.

EDIT: On mature reflection regarding Jerusalem, I think one of the reasons why I thought it would be good is because William Blake was fairly decent - anti-slavery, very anti-establishment.

Edited by Carbomb

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mr Lawrence said:

This has turned into a terrible thread since England have started doing well. Politics, Politics, Politics.

Thought it was a football thread? 

You sound like a Tory mate.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Are you getting Monday morning off school so you can stay up late to watch the final?

Just gonna bunk off

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Why have the evening games been at 8pm? Given the time difference in Europe, it seems unnecessarily late.

Evening kickoffs are usually around 8 anyway, although I think some Spanish football matches in la liga start even later.