Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

• Paid Members

the oddest thing about the Bray Wyatt fanatics is how they consistently prove themselves to have no real understanding of what the gimmick - or anyone's gimmick - actually is. You can see that in the repeated hopes that every single female wrestler with even the slightest "edge" to them might turn out to be Sister Abigail. More recently I saw someone say that Alisteir Black might interfere in Fiend/Orton because "they both have supernatural gimmicks", which Black absolutely doesn't.

• Awards Moderator

Cracking main event aside, Night 2 was a real step down for me.

Orton-Fiend was a pile of poop, not that we expected anything different. Women's Tag Title match was there, Shayna was levels above everyone else but that's my main positive. Is Riddle's gimmick that he's an absolute idiot? Because he seems an absolute idiot, and the match felt kind of messy too. This thread had built up my hopes for where the Bayley stuff was going so I blame you lot for my disappointment in that ending.

I enjoyed Owens-Zayn (my first proper exposure so Sami's current gimmick and the video package for this match made it seem like he's knocking it out of the park character-wise) and liked Asuka-Ripley - Rhea looked an absolute superstar during her entrance. Big E vs. Crews had some great energy behind what they were doing and the match was good, but that lingering "this is quite racist, isn't it?" feeling sort of soured me on it.

Full marks for the main event though, great stuff from all involved.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

29 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

the oddest thing about the Bray Wyatt fanatics is how they consistently prove themselves to have no real understanding of what the gimmick - or anyone's gimmick - actually is. You can see that in the repeated hopes that every single female wrestler with even the slightest "edge" to them might turn out to be Sister Abigail. More recently I saw someone say that Alisteir Black might interfere in Fiend/Orton because "they both have supernatural gimmicks", which Black absolutely doesn't.

What is Black's gimmick? Tattooed twat who probably listens to Behemoth?

There’s absolutely no way they know where they’re going with The Fiend story.

I’d bet my life they’d imagined this Orton feud paying off cinematically, and when they couldn’t turn down the return of fans they’ve just spaffed this off.

Orton is Teflon when it comes to this shit. It’s dragged him down a million miles, but let him come out tonight like nothings happened in a new feud and he’ll look like a megastar again.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I really enjoyed the main event because I genuinely had no idea who would win.
Also, I think they told a fantastic story. Edge, 10 years to the very day he had to give up the belt, getting more and more desperate (and more and more angry at Daniel Bryan stopping him winning) was particularly great I thought. 

Roman is an absolute superstar. 

Only match I didn't watch was the women's tag. I think Shayna (was) great but the other 3 are terrible and bore me to tears. 
I'm glad Rhea won but her match with Asuka lacked just a little 'spark' for me. Not saying it was bad just didn't have much 'Oomph' in my opinion.

I think I counted four matches in a row where somebody took a bump on the ring apron.

I thought Riddle/Sheamus and Big E/Apollo were both decent and perfectly watchable to be honest.

I feel like I SHOULD like The Fiend stuff.... like it SHOULD be just the right side of ridiculous to be okay but... I don't know.
I was a bit narked they didn't have deep and crispy Bray wrestle with bits falling off him every time he took a bump but that's just me.
I thought as a stand alone visual Alexa having Papa Shango's 'mysterious black goo' running down her face was pretty cool but other than that... yeah, not feeling it dog.

Overall, not a bad two days viewing in my opinion but maybe that's because I haven't watched any WWE since the Royal Rumble (and prior to that probably last years WrestleMania] so it felt a bit more 'special' than if I was watching every week

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

I've only watched Night 1 so far with my 7 year old and he absolutely loved it. I haven't really watched anything since the Royal Rumble match and I thought it was good fun too. None of the matches were sloppy and all had decent psychology (though the New Day tag was odd as they wrestled like the heels which was odd). 

In my eyes there is a lack of star power but my boy loved Drew McIntyre in defeat, loved watching Braun Strauman throwing Shane McMahon around thought Bad Bunny was fantastic so I suppose I'm not the target audience really

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I would say shitty Bray Wyatt can get in the sea, but he’d probably emerge dressed as the kraken only to magic himself back into his Everton mint trousers the massive shitarse. 

The best part of the opener was before Randy kicked into serious mode, and was just mucking about on his entrance.

Randy deserves a proper, magic-free run now. Stick him in with Lashley or Roman or something. Let him go and be free in his lovely white pants.

Lance Storm pointed out Orton is probably fine with all this spooky bollocks as, at the very least, he's not taking very many bumps. He just seemed so pleased to be showing off his white gear.

Bray Wyatt is insufferable. A lot of very good ideas in there mind, but they usually always go in the worst direction possible.

I just don't think WWE is for me anymore. I thought the first night wasn't up to much and the Sunday was even more of a chore.

Stuff happened, not very much of it memorable, then the main event very nearly saved it. Roman Reigns and his entire presentation is absolutely top drawer.

Reigns pinning both Edge and Bryan is such a boss visual. Fair play to both of them for letting Reigns do it.

1 hour ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

You say that like it's a bad option. I'd love to see a Bayley vs. Cole feud. It'd be ridiculous, shit and amazing all at once. 

Actually would have been a good change of pace on night 2, you know Bayley would have made it an entertaining as hell 5 minute match.

I found night 2 an odd show, on paper it was the 'main' night but it really did happen without much sass or sizzle.

I kinda feel like Belair stole Rhea's thunder, we had a major star born on Night 1, there wasn't enough room for another on night 2.

2 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I kinda feel like Belair stole Rhea's thunder, we had a major star born on Night 1, there wasn't enough room for another on night 2.

As questionable as the Belair/Banks build was on SmackDown at least it had something, as well as the history aspect.

Rhea and Asuka had nothing. They had no chance of delivering in the same manner. It wasn't even about room really. They just hadn't given it any momentum.