Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, JNLister said:

The Sheamus finish is an odd one as presumably either:

A) Increasingly comedic figure Riddle was going to kick out of a White Noise off the top rope.

B) Sheamus decided not to retry the finish and improvise, sparking a conversation along the lines of "Do an Asaisault and I'll kick you in the face in midair." "OK, sounds cool."

Does anybody not kick out of the White Noise any more? I'm certain that was only ever supposed to be a near-fall. I don't think the finish was improvised.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Does anybody not kick out of the White Noise any more? I'm certain that was only ever supposed to be a near-fall. I don't think the finish was improvised.

Off the rope there’s a possibility they’d have done the “heel takes ages to make the cover” near fall.

Near fall unless you’re Booker T, of course.

• Paid Members
On 4/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, Kamran said:

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

HUNDREDS OF FLOOR AND RINGSIDE SEATS REMAIN UNSOLD FOR WRESTLEMANIA

- Not much WrestleMania tickets have moved over the past week and the company still have tickets to sell for both night one and two. Night two has less tickets remaining than night one but both nights have a big problem: hundreds of floor and ringside seats remain unsold. Night one on April 10 has a total of 387 floor seats available for sale, 137 of which are classified as ringside. Seats as close to fifth row remain for sale. Night two on April 11 has slightly less floor seats available with 297 but a higher percentage of ringside seats on sale with 115 available. Just like night one, seats as close as fifth row cane be purchased. The higher price point of these tickets is a turn off for many fans, and with no international fans splashing cash, it looks like WWE will be giving some upgrades on the two nights to fill up these seats. The highest tickets are selling for $2,000 for ringside and the cheapest floor seats are $200. There are just over 1,000 seats in total available for night one and less than 800 available for night two.

I'm surprised, I thought they'd sell out pretty quick considering how long it's been for fans to attend a WWE show. I guess with the lacklustre card and COVID, it's just not enticing enough.

On the back of the above post, the actual numbers (taken from the Wrestling-Online Newsletter) were...

ACTUAL WRESTLEMANIA 37 NUMBERS PUBLISHED

- Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics.com got his hands on the actual WrestleMania numbers through a request to the Tampa Sports Authority which paint a different picture than what WWE advertised. Night one of WrestleMania had 18,328 fans physically inside the stadium. WWE officially sold 20,172 for that night and distributed a total of 21,854 tickets. Night two had an attendance of 18,924 after the company sold 20,634 tickets. 22,113 tickets were distributed in total for the second night. So for both nights, WWE had an attendance of 40,806, down from the inflated number of 51,350 which was announced for the two nights. WWE had announced that 25,675 fans attended each Mania night. In total, WWE made $6.245 million in ticket revenue over the two nights.

Looks like there were quite a few who paid for tickets but decided not to go/couldn't make it.

Edited by Kamran