Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

• Paid Members

AB6C7F33-7D70-4DD3-8949-B0356B67D9FB.jpeg.42437852d3963b98b3d2e2115173fa56.jpeg

Universal championship: Roman Reigns(c) vs. Edge

SmackDown women's championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Bianca Belair

WWE championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

Raw tag team championships: The New Day (c) vs. AJ Styles & Omos

Figured I might as well start this. Very telling that we’re three weeks out and still don’t have a thread for what’s supposed to be the biggest show of the year. Completely understandably given the circumstances though. You wouldn’t even expect a build up this bad for a throwaway B show.

Honestly, the most intriguing aspect right now is having fans back. You’d hope we get big reactions to everything and it adds a spark that WWE has been missing, but who knows. It can sound quiet in stadiums at the best of time, never mind there being a limited capacity all spaced out.

Plus, a combination of this attracting the smartest of fans, combined with some of this year’s booking, particularly involving Edge? It wouldn’t shock me at all if there’s been a build up of hate-watching and people go to this show intending to shit on things and, “hijack the show.” It was something I thought about during the last AEW show. Reportedly that was the largest crowd AEW has had since the pandemic began and whilst it was cool to hear them cheering it was equally annoying hearing the return of the bell-ends. Booing Hangman Adam Page in favour of cheering Matt Hardy? Fuck off.

But yeah. My main reason for thinking it was time to create a thread was this announcement, which really made me laugh. God bless them. The subtlety of a brick to the face.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I presume Hogan knows where the bodies are buried

This probably also explains why Tamina still has a job. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Universal championship: Roman Reigns(c) vs. Edge

SmackDown women's championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Bianca Belair

WWE championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

Raw tag team championships: The New Day (c) vs. AJ Styles & Omos

It's a good job that we've got two nights as along with Miz/Morrison vs. Priest/Bad Bunny match, there is still the Raw Women's Champ (Asuka), IC Champ (Big E), US Champ (Riddle), Smackdown Tag Champs (Roode/Ziggler) and The Andre Battle Royal to give a few more wrestlers a Wrestlemania payday.

Shit...I forgot the Women's Tag Champs (Jax/Baszler).

Edited by CL Punk
Forgot the tag champs

10 minutes ago, David said:

Hearing Real American start and watching Hogan amble to the ring and do his flexing gimmick will easily be one of the few reasons I'll tune into this thing.

Hopefully he'll get joined by Titus. Then Big E. Then Mark Henry. Lashley. Kofi. R Truth. Ron Simmons. Shelton. Naomi. Apollo. They all hulk up together. It'll be a beautiful moment. Then Teddy Long comes out and makes a tag team match playa. Hulk and all his black friends vs racism. Big boot. Leg drop. 123 brother.