Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

12 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

The less time they have to ruin matches with shitty "stories", the better. Asuka vs Rhea is the most interesting match on the card for me as well. It's a pairing these idiots would never have considered if they didn't fall arse backwards into it out of necessity. Just watch them add Charlotte.

Don’t see Charlotte featuring anywhere on the card in all honesty if she’s had COVID

• Awards Moderator

Stupid statistic time. If Charlotte doesn't appear on this year's show, it'll be (by my figuring out) the fourth time in WrestleMania history that all the main eventers from just two years previously have gone from the card completely.

Bam Bam Bigelow and Lawrence Taylor main evented 11 - neither wrestled at 13. (Or at 12 actually, which I think is the only time nobody from the previous Mania's main event was on the card at all at the following year's show).

Austin and Michaels main evented 14 - neither wrestled at 16.

Bryan, Batista and Orton main evented 30 - none wrestled at 32.

If Charlotte misses this year, that means all the main eventers of 35 - her, Lynch and Rousey - will miss 37 completely.

Not a unique phenomenon and definitely not an interesting one, but rare enough that I felt the need to post about it.

• Paid Members

They might be playing it safe with Charlotte if she does have Covid; assuming a 14 day isolation period, if she was symptom-free at the end of that, she'd be good to go by Wrestlemania. Whether we'll see her crowbarred in at the last minute or not, I don't know - she was obviously in line to face Lacey Evans before she got pregnant, and then had the issue with Asuka on the backburner, so I'd have expected that to be the Wrestlemania match, and Rhea Ripley has been the back-up plan for the back-up plan (or else it was always planned to be Charlotte/Lacey and Asuka/Ripley, and they haven't got a back-up plan for Charlotte). 

That she's been pulled from advertising for Wrestlemania altogether, and with the timing around Andrade's release, I wonder if she will miss this show. It would be predictably petty of WWE to punish her for her fella having the audacity to want out by robbing her of her Wrestlemania payday, but I don't know if they'd take that route against Charlotte - she's not Ricochet or another ex-indie wrestler prepared to be booked as room meat as a result of imagined discretions, she's been consistently booked as someone who matters. 

Assuming they're doing the two Battle Royals again, I wonder if they're keeping her off advertising to stay on the safe side Covid-wise but also to have her a surprise entrant for the Women's Battle Royal - it would be about the only thing she's not won yet, I think. If they decide the Battle Royal matters that year, I suppose there's always the slim possibility of Becky Lynch returning for it too.

I know a lot of people are saying the card doesn't feel very WrestleMania and that there's not much on there that feels worthy, but Bianca Belair vs Sasha Banks should be that match. Sadly they've managed to make that so fucking messy that it doesn't feel special at all.

1 hour ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Drew had it, and they threw him back in there as quick as possible against Goldberg.

They had that match built up though, they’d done no such with Charlotte other than her hinting at it hence why they called Rhea up early as a back up

If Charlotte gets cleared she should face Bayley. It'd be a crime if she has nothing to do after pretty much being the only good character on the woman's roster.

Also looking forward to what Omos and Bad Bunny can do. Does Priest have covid as well? Odd that he's been dropped from the match as it seemed like a vehicle to get him over.

• Paid Members

Onos won't have to do much, just the usual big tall powerhouse stuff, and maybe take a bump at some point. Aj Styles will likely do all the heavy lifting in that match. He and Kofi will be able to do some really good stuff. 

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Stupid statistic time. If Charlotte doesn't appear on this year's show, it'll be (by my figuring out) the fourth time in WrestleMania history that all the main eventers from just two years previously have gone from the card completely.

Bam Bam Bigelow and Lawrence Taylor main evented 11 - neither wrestled at 13. (Or at 12 actually, which I think is the only time nobody from the previous Mania's main event was on the card at all at the following year's show).

Austin and Michaels main evented 14 - neither wrestled at 16.

Bryan, Batista and Orton main evented 30 - none wrestled at 32.

If Charlotte misses this year, that means all the main eventers of 35 - her, Lynch and Rousey - will miss 37 completely.

Not a unique phenomenon and definitely not an interesting one, but rare enough that I felt the need to post about it.

If memory’s serves, Bam Bam was gone from the company by the end of the year. He faced Goldust at Survivor Series, but I’m sure he was gone pretty much straight after that, which is surely one of the biggest falls from grace with the exception of people being on specific short-term deals (Hogan in 93 or Batista in 2014 and 2019 for example)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Does Priest have covid as well? Odd that he's been dropped from the match as it seemed like a vehicle to get him over.

He was on the graphic they showed on Raw in the "will be in the corner" style - as was Morrison for Miz.

I think Morrison is currently carrying a knee injury that made him questionable to fit for Mania - guess he won't be otherwise you'd assume they would have done the tag match for a variety of obvious reasons.

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

More fool any woman who competes in the Royal Rumble next year to earn a Wrestlemania title shot. Just turn up and challenge the champion three weeks before.

Not that they even probably considered this but Ripley was in the final 2 of the Rumble with Belair so it’s not as if she’s not done anything on the main roster.