Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

Here's the rules for people attending the show live:

Masks are required at all times unless you are in your seat eating or drinking

You are not allowed to gather in common areas with people in places like the concourse

All food and drink transactions will be cashless.  They will have reverse ATM machines to use if you have cash, you can put the cash into the machine and it will give you a debit card you can use

No bags are allowed in the stadium

You must sign a waiver that holds WWE, Raymond James Stadium, the city of Tampa and everyone else harmless if you catch COVID at the show, even if it is due to the negligence of any of those parties

• Paid Members

I've never been less excited by a WrestleMania. Including last year's. I didn't even bother to book Sunday off work as I didn't remember what date 'Mania was. I don't think that's ever happened. I think It'll be the first one of the real 'Manias (not counting last year's here) that I haven't either watched live on TV, or attended in person, since 'Mania 23. I'm hoping I'll muster up the enthusiasm to watch the YouTube highlights this week and that'll put some interest behind it. It might also over deliver since my expectations are so low. (Apart from Randy Vs Wyatt. No way is that any better than the nonsense we expect it to be). 

Tough call between last year and this year. Last year had some intrigue for sure and a few things we weren't sure what they'd do. While this year I must admit I'm looking forward to them being able to perform in front of some fans again. I just think it'll be nice to see that enthusiasm and connection and all of that. And it'll probably spur them on to perform at another level. I agree the stuff on paper doesn't look fantastic but I think the majority will be enjoyable enough. I say that as someone that definitely won't be staying up though.

8 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Having fans back is great but WWE fans will make less noise live than the Thunderdome. Especially at a low capacity. It’s going to be a very dead crowd.

Nah I think this will be a loud one, outside of the few locals that go to NXT, there hasn’t been fans at WWE events in over a year, they’ll cheer/boo loudly for anything this weekend

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Having fans back is great but WWE fans will make less noise live than the Thunderdome. Especially at a low capacity. It’s going to be a very dead crowd.

They'll probably still pipe in crowd noise to be fair.

20 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I'd rather hear a faint but legit 'this is awesome' chant than the video game shit they've been using in the ThunderDome.

• Awards Moderator

Unsafe as it's likely to be, the idea of WWE having an audience again is the most exciting part of WrestleMania for me. I don't think I could ever go back and watch the silent matches from last year's Mania. If they fancy retconning that show to add piped in crowd noise I wouldn't object.

At least last year they had some of the big players on the card, it would've been nice to have seen how it would've played out in the stadium infront of thousands of fans as intended.

The only thing that shouts WrestleMania this year will be the unique big stage.  They probably wouldn't have even bothered with that if it wasn't for the fact that they already had it in storage from last year, otherwise they would've just brought out the giant screen from Mania 35 again.

Piped in crowd noise is there forever now unfortunately. Can imagine it’ll be a completely different product that you hear on television to what you see and hear being there live in the future. They’ve finally got it where they can control the crowd noise for the TV viewer, they’re not letting that up.

2 hours ago, Doog said:

Piped in crowd noise is there forever now unfortunately. Can imagine it’ll be a completely different product that you hear on television to what you see and hear being there live in the future. They’ve finally got it where they can control the crowd noise for the TV viewer, they’re not letting that up.

This makes little sense

They used to always have piped in crowd noise for Smackdown until it went live, they gladly gave up that power then

They've always had the ability to add crowd noise for the Tv Viewer the lockdown hasn't changed that its just made it necessary so I dont see why the past year makes any difference to what they will do in the future once things are back to the normal routine.

• Paid Members

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

HUNDREDS OF FLOOR AND RINGSIDE SEATS REMAIN UNSOLD FOR WRESTLEMANIA

- Not much WrestleMania tickets have moved over the past week and the company still have tickets to sell for both night one and two. Night two has less tickets remaining than night one but both nights have a big problem: hundreds of floor and ringside seats remain unsold. Night one on April 10 has a total of 387 floor seats available for sale, 137 of which are classified as ringside. Seats as close to fifth row remain for sale. Night two on April 11 has slightly less floor seats available with 297 but a higher percentage of ringside seats on sale with 115 available. Just like night one, seats as close as fifth row cane be purchased. The higher price point of these tickets is a turn off for many fans, and with no international fans splashing cash, it looks like WWE will be giving some upgrades on the two nights to fill up these seats. The highest tickets are selling for $2,000 for ringside and the cheapest floor seats are $200. There are just over 1,000 seats in total available for night one and less than 800 available for night two.

I'm surprised, I thought they'd sell out pretty quick considering how long it's been for fans to attend a WWE show. I guess with the lacklustre card and COVID, it's just not enticing enough.

• Paid Members

I don't know what percentage of the overall audience it accounts for, but Wrestlemania normally attracts a lot of international fans, and without them being able to travel (because even if they're able to travel into Florida, chances are they have to self-isolate on the return), that might have an impact. I don't think many states have quarantine/interstate travel restrictions any more, but even if the communication is just to discourage travel, it's still going to have a major impact. 

Yep my first thought was that WrestleMania is usually a huge deal for a worldwide audience and always brings people in from all over. Without that they were always going to suffer plus there's still a lot of people that simply aren't comfortable with getting out there and doing something "normal" like this at the moment. I don't think the card really has anything to do with it. Mania sells itself under normal circumstances.